AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
Hi all, it's been a while since I have had the opportunity to sit down on the computer at home to give you an update--so here it is.

This past weekend we attended Wardy's Rider appreciation day (no, of course I did not ride). He had a pig roast (delicious) and all sorts of other goodies. They were giving out the awards for the Megacross MX series and the Hare Scrambles series too. The Hare Scrambles was a 4 race series, and it was quite fun. That was the most riding I did all year, with the baby on the way. In any event, Bob finished 2nd overall in the +30B class and got a nice plaque with his name and picture on it. And I finished 1st overall in the Women's class and got even a nicer plaque!! I hope to be able to race again next year at FVOR!! Thanks, Wardy!

I am now 28 weeks along in my pregnancy and all is looking good. I have been fortunate so far in that I have only gained about 13 pounds. I have had all the tests and all is fine. The ultrasound revealed that we are having a GIRL! We are going to name her Jennifer Janice Brooks (Janice is Bob's Mom's name). We are going to call her JJ or Jen for short. We are pretty excited and look for our little bundle to arrive around Feb 3. I have the room all decorated already...yellow, pink and purple. It looks adorable.

In any event, I just wanted to keep you updated.....glad to hear you all had a nice riding season and look forward to next year!!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
:thumb:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Thanks for the update, Anne!! :thumb:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Great news Anne! Keep us up to date on your progress. Sounds like I missed a good time at Wardy's, sometimes I wish I lived on that side of the country so I could join in!

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Nice to hear from ya Anne, congrats on the racing season for both you and Bob. Congrats on the smooth pregnancy report, too. Sorry I never got to meet you guys this year, next year for sure as I intend on running in Wardy's hs series. Good luck! :thumb:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Congrats Anne. :thumb: Thanks for sharing the news.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
Great news Anne! Keep us up to date on your progress. Sounds like I missed a good time at Wardy's, sometimes I wish I lived on that side of the country so I could join in!

Alabama will welcome you back with open arms!  :scream: :)

Congrats Anne!  Good luck with the baby.  I think my bike made it out of the garage 5 times in the first year after my daughter was born.

Last edited:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Congratulations! :thumb:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Way to go Anne :) Great to hear you and bubs are doing well. Definitely keep us updated and congratulations on your 1st overall - impressive :)
Michelle

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Thanks for the progress report, Anne!  And congrats on the 1st place Women's trophy!  :thumb:

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
Congrats! Only 13 lbs so far - WOW! My little girl was born 2-20-2000. I gained about 36 lbs but was able to ware my 30/30 Levi's the whole time (Just used a rubberband to hold the buttons together.)

You'll be riding by spring!

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
Thanks, everyone! I am definitely excited about the baby and the win! I am looking forward to getting back on the GG in the spring!

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
Congrats on the baby Anne. If you are anything like me, you'll be out in the garage sitting on your motorcycle, bouncing it up and down like you're really rippin'! I've never had no babies, but plenty of injuries to keep me from riding.....once you can ride again, you'll definitely appreciate it all the more.

Best wishes to you and the baby for a happy & healthy delivery! :-)

Top Bottom