katieMS

Nov 4, 2003
I am just now learning how to ride only been on the bike once and I want to start racing in Dallas, Texas. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on equipment/protective gear that is reasonably priced and efficient. Oh yeah and since I'm a female if anyone knows who makes the female Roost protectors and you could fill me in that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
~Me

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Wwelcome, Kaite. And be sure to check the women's forum. I don't personally ever peek in there ;) but I think they have at least one or two threads about ladie's gear. Otherwise, Acerbis makes a women's CP. And MSR makes some nice looking gear for girls.

Check out the online retailers like www.MXSouth.com - great prices & great service. I'm sure a few other members will chime in with their favorite online retailer, but Jeff at MX South has always treated me very well. You can find both those brands at MX South.

IRISHCOFFEE

Aug 3, 2002
also, ask for prior year gear. same quality but much lower price. good luck, you're going to love this sport. i have had great luck with BOB'S CYCLE. can be found on the internet or in the magazines. they always have a great selection oh leftover gear.

katieMS

Nov 4, 2003
Thank you both for the advise. I have been into the womens section and am really impressed. Not many people reply to posts in there though so I thought I would ask around here. Thank you alot. I'm also looking for places to ride in the dallas area if anyone knows of anything let me know.

Thanks
~Me

Zuki

Apr 23, 2003
Katie,

Check out www.Texasmx.com there is a list of all tracks in Texas plus a great forum. Texasmx is mostly people in the Houston area. A good Dallas board is www.southerndirtbike.com.

Steven

katieMS

Nov 4, 2003
Thank you for the sites Steven (hope thats how its spelled) Also if anyone has any gear for sale or on ebay let me know.

Thanks again
Katie

Top Bottom