Racing Vintage for the first time

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Well....I am going to run my '72 F9 at an AHRMA event next weekend. I have to run in the 500 class, (Its a 350). I checked out the line ups of previous races and I didnt see any other old Kwakers, so I bet Im the only one there. Ought to be a blast! The bikes been "done" for a while now, but theres nothing like an upcoming race to make you remember 50 things you forgot to check, or do, or tighten down....I really dont expect to win, but I dont want to break down....
One last minute mod...I actually have a set of Pro Tapers on it! Had to use a spare top triple clamp and modify it but it looks so cool!!! You cant change major components, but I saw nothing in the rulebook about handle bars....

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Handle bars are not a big issue. Suspension is. They check at all the national races and some of the regionals. AHRMA is cool. I have not been able to race the last couple of years (every time I was ready to go back I would re injure my self.) On my modern bike. I raced AHRMA Nationals for 5 years on a pair of 74 KX450's (cover of the 1999 ? rule book) Its a great bunch of people there. Good luck to you. :thumb:

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
yeah...suspension...I had a pair of KYBs on it, but they had a remote resevoir which is not permitted, so Im running the stock rear shocks...which I think actually work nicer over most of the softer terrain. I heard that at the track they filled in the doubles, and made camel backs out of the table tops for this event. Thats where the KYBs were nice, on the landings, but i can live without them, just have to tighten up my braces!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom