Racing

Jul 22, 2004
i wanna race me 89 KDX 200..its in really good shape, runs like a champ..though its completly stock right now...how much do you think it would cost to get it race ready, and what parts would i need... :aj:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Supermoto?, Desert?, Hair Scrambles?, MX?, SX?, AX?, Enduro?, Paris to Dakarr?, Flat Track? Baja?

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
YZ165 said:
Supermoto?, Desert?, Hair Scrambles?, MX?, SX?, AX?, Enduro?, Paris to Dakarr?, Flat Track? Baja?

Well, if your going to do all of these, the first thing you'll need is some cool graphics. :)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
bcVulcan said:
Well, if your going to do all of these, the first thing you'll need is some cool graphics. :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jul 22, 2004
oh jeez..im sorry, i just posted this topic in Vintige racing forum again because i thought it didnt go threw or somthing..i didnt know it got moved over here..sorry moderaters :(

but probably just Enduro racing, or amatuer open class...just local for the open class.....i mainly just wanna get this sucker fast

Jul 22, 2004
haha i dunno...about vintage... but 89 is preety old technology compared to all these new bikes. oh and i dont really know about enduro..there really isnt anything like that around here..but theres alot of open class races in tiffin i'd like to jump into and see if i like it.and if i dont..at least i have a quicker bike....and maybe if i like it enough..ill invest into a new bike, get into MX.. my buddy races MX...who knows..maybe ill be the next Kevin Windham :yeehaw:

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'd suggest Enduro/Harescramble/Cross-country racing. As for what you'll need, barkbusters and (for enduros only) a computer thing for time-keeping and roll-chart holder. I race my bone stock XR200R in harescrambles and cross-country races, the only thing I've added is barkbusters. Sure, there's other things that might be nice, but race entry fees and travel expenses add up.

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
The most important thing you'll need is some good armor. Hand guards, pipe guard, radiator guards/braces, skid plate. If you've never raced, your bike is going to be plenty fast. Maybe a pipe though if yours is still stock.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2004
what do you think about a FMF powercore II? i found one for 71 dollars....i just wanna get my bike quicker...im not so concered about top speed as i am quickness...i got a sprocket set up too.. big sprocket in back, smaller tire, smaller sprocket in front..i think..it was like that when i got it..but thats meant for quickness...right?

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
That all sounds like good stuff. The pipe is what you need though. Check out the sticky at the top of this forum for which one to get. That will make the biggest difference in you speed, torque, "quickness your looking for. DR magazine said that the stock silencer is fine with a good pipe. Most people go ahead and get the one you looking at anyway.

Jul 22, 2004
on the KDX site, they tell you a way to make a....sleeper pipe? is that what its called? but anyways, i guess some people think its better than an FMF, it sounds kinda difficult to make though

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…