rad valve and need flywheel weight ID help

reknelb

May 16, 2002
Just slapped on a RAD valve on my old cr250 tonight. Made a noticable difference in the mid range. Power comes on a lot earlier now. I think it had boyesen reeds in it on a stock reed block. Not sure what stock reeds look like, but the ones in it were a dual stage set-up.
I also was going to install a boyesen ign. cover to replace my crappy plastic stock one and when i took the old cover off, I found a Moose flywheel weight welded on to the flywheel. My boyesen cover was too shallow and bottomed out when i tried to put it on. Anyone know what size weights moose made way back when? The only marks on it are an arrow for lining up tdc, and 5/91 which I'm assuming when the weight was made OR welded on to the flywheel.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
How much does it hit? Maybe you could just stack multiple gaskets to space it out a bit.

KXtrailrider

Sep 12, 2004
I made a spacer for my cover for my flywheel weight out of a plastic truck mud flap that was 3/16 inch thick. I set a gasket on the mud flap and spray painted it then cut out that shape with a jigsaw then drilled the holes,it worked great.

Top Bottom