banderson

Apr 30, 2002
which wil i get more bang for the buck out of a rad valve or a v force 2 reed cage and will i need to channge any thing for either one on my bike

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Contact cnyncarver on that one, he's using the v force I think. He has the rad valve for sale if that tells you something.

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
Everyone that I have talked to with experience with both seem to prefer the V force.

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
I have the Boyesen on my 93 and it rocks, but I will try the V force on my 02.

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
I also have the Boyesen Power 2-stage reeds on my 200 and am very happy with their performance. I noticed a big difference right away. Much cheaper too.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
I think its more of a money thing.. Which one can u afford? Cause i think everybody needs one reguardless of what the name is... I have the Rad though....

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
DeltaForceII!!! (Not that I have much of an opinion!!! :) Thass'a joke, son........cuz I have an opinion on pretty much EVERYthing...and it don't even matter if it's WRONG!! But in this case it's not)

Keep your verbage correct. A DeltaForceII is NOT the same as a DeltaForce. Same goes for calling it a VForce/VForceII. MotoTassinari used the same names, but put a 'II' after either/both of 'em.

The II has a light grey body, the original is dark grey/black. The reeds sit differently in the valve, and the II has adjustable tension reeds. The original does not. The unit I got came IN a box with a picture of the original valve on it!

I've used boyesen power, boyesen rad valve and most recently the DeltaForceII. The latter is so far superior it's amazing.

I first tried them on the 'hi tension' setting cuz moto tassinari said that was the best setting on most every applicaiton they'd tried. Just changed them to 'lo tension' a few rides ago. A HUGE improvement!! The reeds have a lower lifespan on the 'lo' setting, but it's worth it.

Oh...a repeat of something in another post (so shoot me).... I compared a boyesen radvalve with the DFII, both run in 200kdxs, both run the same number of hours. After a one year of use, the boyesen reeds were goners. Chipped, cracked, split and frayed. The DFII reeds were perfect!

I'm still using those old reeds, BTW. Presumeably a new set would be even better!

What's good about it? The bottom end!! That's why I wanted to try the lo tension setting. I ride a lot of single track stuff...rarely out of 3/4 gear. The pull, tractability, smoothness and control of the bottom is incredible.

Afford? The DeltaForceII costs LESS than the rad valve does.

Oh...anyone convinced that a radvalve is a good deal, I'll sell you mine. New reeds (the cracked, chipped, split, frayed ones are gone). For MUCH less than the cost of a new one!!! Fred??? Want one??? :)

As to the original question: Changing anything with either one? Probably need to tweak the jetting some......toward the lean(er) side. My AS is over 1/2 turn OUT farther (MAYbe even FURther!!??) from the settings I used with the boyesen rad valve.

Last edited:

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
I guess if your really into racing that would be nice but for the common rider that just goes out and messes around, i think the Boyesen is descent. Sounds like to much dialing in and to many little parts before the carb to me. Sounds like a cool though but i just wanna ride..

Top Bottom