Bruce_Gewse

Jan 7, 2007
I have an 05' cr250f. I managed to twist both radiators now. I slightly damaged the right side a few months ago, but was able to straighten it out. The outer most row of fins were crushed, but luckley no leaks. Well today I high sided a burm and did the same thing to the left side. Does anyone know if I need to replace the radiators when I install the new braces, being that one of the rows of fins are crushed? Also, what braces are holding up for you? Thanks-a-mil

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I would take the time to check with Mylars radiator repair service about getting them back to like new. They can do an amazing job straightening bent/crushed rads at a very reasonable price and their turnaround time is very quick usually less then a week.
Any kinks in your rads is cutting their cooling ability and heat = death in 4 strokes.
You might also want to check prices with new ones and compare. The CR rads are less expensive then the YZFs but I am not sure by how much

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Have had good experience with Works Connection braces. Won't work with big aftermarket tanks though. Devol may be your only option (in-front braces) if you're an oversized tank guy.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Have had good experience with Works Connection braces. Won't work with big aftermarket tanks though. Devol may be your only option (in-front braces) if you're an oversized tank guy.
In our experience I guess I thought the works connection were a waste of money. First fall and they were bent, cut through the shroud and the radiator was bent slightly. This was not a hard crash more of a tip over in a bermed corner.
The devols have held up great and taken alot of hard crashes for us but we had a problem at Milville in which they plugged up. After that we had the same experience at 2 other tracks with wet sandy soil. The sand would get stopped by the grill and then work it's way into the raditor fins stopping air flow and causing an overheat. This was in MX so on trails it might not be as bad without the constant roost.

decade377

Dec 17, 2006
My brother bent the left radiator pretty bad a few weeks ago on his 04 CRF250R. He bought a new Honda rad and it set him back $175,then he bought some rad guards,(I don't know what brand). We do mostly dez and gp's so plugging with mud is not a major problem. I have seen a few rads get totaly destroyed in high speed get offs, if even the worst guard minimizes the damage and lets you ride back, it's worth the money.

cuchara.red

Dec 19, 2005
Unibikers from ThumperTalk have an excellent reputation. I put a set on my KLX400R (green DRZ400E) and they do look and feel like they can take a lickin' and keep your radiator tickin'.

Top Bottom