mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
My crf250x LH radiator got twisted up pretty good. I got it all straighten out and it looks very good. The problem is the lower hose fitting is pulled loose, just enough to leak. How are these attached from the factory? How's the best way to fix? It don't really look like it's welded or could it have been welded on the inside of tank before it was installed.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
They can be tig welded.

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
Be careful if you pressure test it. I plugged in the wrong line and watched all the little cooling fins get smaller, which means the tubes were expanding :yikes: :bang: Unplugged in time. No charge for hp hi flow radiator :nod:

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
If you pressure test, do NOT exceed 13 PSI!

Best bet is to use the radiator cap to ensure that the pressure doesn't get too high. Pressure test both radiators together so that the radiator cap is always included.

Rod

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I was unable to find a tig welder that felt comfortable doing the job. Wound up taking it to a local radiator shop, turns out they have a guy that specialize's in dirt bike radiators. They went over everything. Straighten everything out perfectly. Went over all the joints and corner braces and hose fittings by (weld/braze) it looks great. 65 bucks not bad for same day service.

Top Bottom