Railing berm goes wrong / the taste of dirt (pic)

MarksCR250

Jun 21, 2001
I'd love to tell you this is a picture of a highly advanced berm technique where you pivot off your knee and the handlebar, but what can I say.. its actually just a picture of me about to take a soil sample with my helmet visor. How much abuse can a 40yr old body take? I dont know yet- I'm still checking! :)

dump.jpg

I can do brake turns off this berm till the cows come home but after reading this forum I'm starting to try the bike-lean turning technique. And I'm learning that dirt doesnt taste as bad as people make it out to be.

LaRider20

Dec 27, 2000
Let me know if you find your answer to the question, "how much abuse can a 40 year-old body take?" I am 35 and trying to pace myself.:D

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
That turn is MUCH better suited to the brake slide technique. It is SOFT, short, sharp and inclined. Go back to the old. BTW, "railing" in that type of silty dust is near impossible.

RMFanatic

Mar 17, 2001
Eating Dirt

That picture brings back horrible memories (well not really horrible just not as funny to me as they were to everyone else).

Gordon Spraggins
Mxr's for Christ

MarksCR250

Jun 21, 2001
Yeah, my girlfriend took that picture of me falling, but what an ice cube she was! She spent one second asking me if I was broken, and about 5 minutes describing what a good photographer she was for capturing the action :) Oh well. But that was my only fall of that day. She took another pic where everything went good and I produced a pretty good cloud of dust:

berm3.jpg

MXRacer9

Aug 19, 2000
from what i can tell in this turn the best thing i could think to do is to come into the turn pretty fast, clutch it, and drop the clutch right in the middle to keep you're wheel spinnin, you dont want to have much traction on that turn, looks like a reverse off camber!
:confused:
L8er man, hope this will help ya,
MXRacer9 :p
-----------
2001 KX85 (stock)
2001 KX85 (mod)
-----------
"ya dude, i was 6th gear pinned over the quad. Next thing i knew i was in a hospital bed eatin jello" Steve-o

Top Bottom