eroc0067

Aug 9, 2003
Hoping someone can help. Would love to raise my 03' kdx 220r handle bars. I know i can turn the clamps around, but i was hoping for a little more height. I saw Tag Metals Trojan mounts that were listed for Kx and Cr. They are supposed to give a 10mm raise which would be perfect. Anyone know if these would work, or if there is some other product to help? Thanks guys

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
they work and look great, BUT... I crashed on a triple, and bent the pole part of the mount. and they were brand new. my brand new Renthal Fatpars didnt bend a millimeter!

Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
Don't laugh, but I put a set of ATV bars on my bike about 8 years ago. Answer chrome moly. I'm 6'2", they're super tall, they work perfect. I've transferred them to every bike since.

eroc0067

Aug 9, 2003
Thanks for all your input. I do have Renthal CR High bends on my bike right now. I wouldn't have thought of ATV bars. I'll probablly try the new clamps first and then see what I can find for replacement bars down the road. Thanks again.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
hey, I tried lol. Ill make it sometime soon. we cant afford a MX bike, so im making do with what Ive got.

BTW... In the renthal and protaper bars... The CR High bends are ATV bars. When I bought my Renthal Fatbars, they said CR High/ATV.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
You can pick up a new set of rubber mounted bar clamps from someone like Applied. They are intended to be used with an aftermarket tripple clamp but work just as well on the stock KDX tripple clamp. You can get them for either a standard or a fat bar. I used them to install ProTapers on my KDX and they work GREAT! You can see them here . They are the D-bolt bar clamps. You can get them in 0.5, 1 or 1.5cm rise and they are reversable for more room just like the stock clamps.

If might also consider a pair of CR double high bars or a set of mini (80cc) bars.

David

cyclebradd88

Apr 19, 2003
Eroc...what have you decided on? I had the Jimmy Buttons that AZ Tim mentioned, and that helped a lot. I should have pulled them from my old KDX before I sold it! The mounts seem to be the answer though.

eroc0067

Aug 9, 2003
Hey Brad, looks like I'm going to go with the mounts. Cost about $60 and up to 15mm raise. I'll have to go out to the garage and do a little measuring to see if I want to go with 10mm or 15mm. I just feel alot more at ease with my hands a bit higher. BTW, Santa didn't send me a Trail Tech computer. What's up with that brother? LoL See you in AZ in the summer :)

Top Bottom