cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
i understand raising the forks in the triple clamps will make my bike handle better at high speeds but how much do i lower them? also i have a wer steering damper and it works good but i want the added security. any input? thanks o yea its a 1996cr250

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
You can run them flush with the clamps for good stability-dont be afraid to experiment as long as you are making it more stable-you may loose tight cornering ability but then you knew that.

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
just raise them up so they are lever w/ the clamps. is that what u mean? will i notice much difference theirs only like a 1/8 of an ich before they are level w/ the calmps. do u think it will help?

sigar

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2000
You've got that backwards. Raising the forks in the triple clamps drops the front end/steepens the rake and makes the bike turn better, but less stable at high speed.

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
darn my torque wrench starts at 50ft lbs. i guess ill be using the inch pound one. how should i go about doing this? like just losening the triple clamp bols n knocking the forks down till they are flush or to where i measure to?

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
If it helps I've got a 94 cr250 and my forks are 5mm above my top clamp. Any less and it pushes and plows like D-9 dozer. Any more and it wants to shake the bars out of my hand (very scary when you figure that out on a dirt road in 5th gear).

Just experiment a little. Its only 8 bolts that are easy to get to.

arossitt

Apr 22, 2001
Before you even consider moving your forks you need to make sure that your sag is correct.This can be corrected by installing spacers if the sag is within reasonable limits.My 99rm250 was adjusted using 32mm electrical conduit cut into several different lenghts and experimenting with the different lenghts untill I achieved the correct setting.If your springs are sacked out the bike will more than likely handle like a wheel barrow and not as intended.

Top Bottom