Rampart Range open again

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
I'm guessing getting there at the BCOD (butt crack of dawn) would be a good idea, have a feeling that there area a lot of "stir crazy" riders that can't wait to get back out there!

Talk about dusty! :eek:

Rod

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Muahhahha.... I got sick (cough, cough) today and hit the trails from the Rainbow Falls parking. WHEEEEEEEEEE!!! We'll prolly see you up there on the north end of Rampart on Sunday (early, like Rodzilla says).

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
I'll be there flying solo, probably around 8:00am. I can't wait.... I just couldnt do Pueblo Motorsports again!

Dougie

Mar 2, 2000
I couldn't believe how un-crowded it was. We were expecting a madhouse and there was hardly anyone there. It was great.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Agreed! Now if I could only make that stupid hill on the Bear Creek loop. Grrr Arrrg. It was good to do lunch at the SpruceWood again. :)

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Horse Creek Cafe is gone. Hopefully, they'll rebuild. I'll take some pictures and post 'em next time we drive by there. The Ruby Creek trail down to the Horse Creek Cafe is closed and so is the nearby Trout Creek trail. I hear rumors that those two trails may be somewhat re-routed so that they can be re-opened in the future. I'm DEFINITELY planning to be a lot more active in volunteering with trail maintenance and such.

Dougie

Mar 2, 2000
Ahh...Bear Creek. Love that trail. Great test of your skills. I only do it once a year and every year I swear I will never do it again. Although it seems to be getting easier as years go buy.

688 (to Horse Creek) and 649 (to Trout Creek) are the only trails that are closed. You can go as far south as 677 will take you and that is it. I would say 95% of Rampart is open. Lots of riding to catch up on.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…