Ran into a really cool motorcycle museum today

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Coming back from OKC to Tulsa this afternoon. Decided to pull off at Wellston to check out Reynard's MX track. When leaving, I decided to take the Route rather than turnpike back to T-town. Well I wasn't a mile or two up 66 when I saw this super cool Seaba Station Motorcycle Museum, in Warwick, OK. (between Chandler and Wellston). Guys bought an antique shop that was originally a gas station built in 1921. They restored the front of the station back to the look of the original Seaba Station and filled it with beautiful antique and vintage bikes.
A whole lot of dirt bikes too. A section of great flat trackers, a section of cool vintage trials bikes and a whole lot of historic MX bikes.
Too bad for everyone that I'm too stupid to use my new iphone company gave me last week. I thought I was taking a lot of photos I was going to post here, but I guess I was hitting the button to shut down the camera rather than actually take a picture.
They have a website which shows the building, but you can't appreciate how cool it really is and the site doesn't really show any of the bikes inside. they have a facebook page too, but again pics don't relate how fantastic of a job they really did nor show much of the bikes. Admission was free, but I dropped a $5 in the donation jar. They sell T-shirts, souveniers and snacks.
They have a showroom 73 CR250m, 68 DT-1, JT-1 and most of the cool brands of the late 60s and early 70s dirt bikes.
If you're traveling through Oklahoma on I-44, you should really stop and see this place. I'm going to try and stop by again Thursday when I go back to OKC and take my actual camera (which I know how to use) with me.

www.Seabastation.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Warwick-OK/Seaba-Station-Motorcycle-Musuem/112341722156731

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
A buddy of mine told me of a guy in that area that bought the collection from Primm in Las Vegas.. I wonder if this is the same guy..

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
:cool: :cool:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Stopped in again today. Here are some pics. Next time I'm heading towards Joplin, I'll try and see the one in Miami, too.
DSCF9182-1.jpg

DSCF9196.jpg

DSCF9194.jpg

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Cool! Thanks for posting the pix!

Lots of memories in that group for me. Quite a few bikes my friends or family had at one time or another, including the XR75, JT-1 mini enduro, the Harley MX, etc...

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Wow! What a neat collection. I would love to have that 1909 Triumph. Thanks for sharing. :cool:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I should have known! I can make out the year and make, the front tire and no brake should have told me? What is the bike in pic 8, and age? It is in the Harley section? I have a friend who has the same quality Harley 250, I have no idea why? Except for, they DID make 1 once. At the time, it was awful! Painting the XR-75 has some significance? Yellow is blasphemy! Or, I am missing something, again? Nit picking included, the place is way awesome. And I am on the web and fb sites for a while!!!! Got my coffee, where is my donuts? Thanks Dave!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The yellow XR75 is full blown DG race bike. DG had a complete catalog of minicycle performance and cosmetic parts. DG sold completed bikes with all their goodies installed (notice the swingarm, shocks, pipe, etc...) Besides XRs, they also sold complete modified RM and YZ 80 race bikes (as did other companies, like Myerscough's Machines).

The comlete bikes they sold were in full DG colors and very pricey. They probably only sold a handfull. I guess the XR could be a DG tribute, or even one of their team bikes, as they had a minicycle race team and sponsored some of the top mini riders.

That bike would have been the height of SoCal mini MX cool about 1976-1977. About that time, my dad and I visisted the DG facility in Orange County to drool over their bikes and pick up their full catalog. I wish I had not thrown that catalog away - it was very cool and had the prices and mods lists for their complete race bikes.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
As for the bike in Pic 8, I think you are referring to the one with the 'dustbin' fairing, next to the TZ Yamaha.

Not sure what brand that bike in the pic was, but I think in the late 50's those fairings were found to be a big advantage for the road racers. Several brands started using them, and then they were banned.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The 1 above the Jawa Speedway bike. Most XR-75's in the midwest that I recall was either factory or red. The yellow just hurts the eyes! DG phooey, FMF was the shop! Pipe, definitely the Hooker Megaphone. What a coincidence, there is a killer speedway race airing right now, from 09 and in HD!

Top Bottom