singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
I've been using one for a couple of years now. I think they're great. My clutch pull is easier than a 125.

I've heard people complain that the perch snaps in half when they try to mount it. I haven't had any problem.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Raptor?

I can't believe how easy my stock '00 YZ clutch is compared to my old '90 YZ. One finger! That's a good thing. I used to get this muscle thingy growing on the top of my forearm after a days riding with my old bike, glad those days are gone. People used to ask me if I had a tumor or a syste or something growing on my arm:eek: :eek:

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I give it a big blahhhh!!! They stink IMO for mant reasons. They are cast so the lever love to break, they get very dirty and then the adjuster mechanism does not function properly, they do not release the clutch fully making any chance of a good start all but impossible on my bike. It does though do as advertised and make the clutch easy to pull. Before you get one, make sure the cable is fresh and well lubed.

Alpinestar

Apr 18, 2001
AMEN, to Roost, What hell I have went threw with that 90' YZ 125s clutch. I can barely pull the thing back, after a long day of riding feels like you have Arthritis. lol

Catch 22

Jul 12, 2000
I put one on my 400ex. I put a new set of Renthals on about a week later and the clamp broke. What a POS! Other than that it works fine. Just dissapointing that you pay that much money for something made out of pot metal. :(

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I've been running one for a year and a half. I love it. Greatly reduced clutch pull. I have not experinced any reliability or excessive cable wear problems.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
I've got one on mine and love it. I haven't had a single problem w/it. I use the middle position 'cus my clutch is fine. I origionally got it for my in-laws '86 RM250, but put it on my new bike when I got it. I just mainly love the feel of the lever itself. The only other one I'd get would be the Magura Hydraulic.

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
I've been using one on my 2001 KX250 that I bought at the beginning of this year. The stock pull was a little harder than I liked so before the next trip out, I installed a Raptor lever. I've had great luck with it. Because of the longer pull, the clutch is slower to engage and disengage, but the easier pull is worth it to me. Those who have been racing a long time may not appreciate the slow clutch response, but the way I ride, it won't make much of a difference.

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
I have one of the raptor adjustable clutch perch/levers. Actually I have several, but only one complete usable assembly.

The first one I bought the bolt that the clutch lever pivots on broke when I was putting it on. I hardly tightened it and snap. It's a machined bolt so I couldn't get a replacement so stupid me I bought a new raptor perch. I was very gentle with the next one and it went together fine.

The next weekend I leaned my bike up against the tail gate. A gust of wind blew it over. The bracket that holds the perch on broke in half. Fortunately I had enough raptor parts to put another assembly together.

Overall, clutch pull is a little easier, but the poor design and cheap material selection make the thing a waste of money. I guess Malcom Smith doesn't actually try out the stuff MSR sells.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I put one on my KDX a few years ago. Same problem-- mounted it and thought it was ok, and then while I was riding that weekend the clamp broke in half. I ended up putting the stock perch back on. I was pretty disappointed in the product because of the breakage.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I have ran the same Raptor lever on two different bikes for a total of 3 years with no problems whatsoever. I have had bark busters on both bikes, so breakage has never been a problem. Just for clarification, that is a single raptor lever that I took off of one bike and moved to another. Good product, it certainly helped the clutch pull on my 500.

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
Where can I get this lever?

Hi,

Where can I get one of these levers. I have arthritis BAD and it really hurts to pull the clutch lever. This sounds like it might help.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Riz

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Before you get one of these, try a motion pro T2 clutch calbe(the gray one) with proper cleaning and lubing every ride. This made the biggest difference in my bikes pull even over the raptor perch. With the raptor perch installed, it is sweet, like butter!

Top Bottom