west

Nov 12, 2002
I just finished the firtst ride with my bike after the mods. I have an 02 KDX 220 and I just did the rev pipe first and was so impressed with the performance I went the rest of the way with the air box mod, boysen reeds and the RB designs carb mod. Wow what a difference!!!!! Ron's carb was amazing. Set up was so close out of the box it's scarry and the bike will do anything now. After years of trying to make CR250's into woods bikes with expensive mod's this is amazing. The bike will now run the fire roads with the best 250 and still lug around in the rocks and slop like no two stroke I have ever ridden. For all of you waiting! Don't waste another weekend riding your bike without the mods! Spend the $350 and let your friends go nuts trying to keep up!

Lizard Lips

Oct 22, 2003
Yeah brother!! I have a 02 KDX 220 and I am just wrapping up all of the same mods you speak of. I just got my carb back from RB today and wow, if it runs as good as it looks I'm in there! The only difference between our 2 bikes it sounds to me is that I went with Carbon Tech reeds because of the advice of a close friend who races GP 125/250 and uses them. It seems unbelievabel to me that my bike will run close to a 250 motocrosser, because it is a dog out of the box. My only goal in doing all of the mods was to duplicate the performance envelope of my friends bone stock 1998 KDX 200. From what I am hearing, it sounds like I have more than succeeded. I will know in a week or two. Thanks for the great post!

Top Bottom