Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
$165 and yep it's a winner! Especially on the 220 as you end up with a 36 MM carb from the stock 33MM. Get ready to rev.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The jetting on the RB carb has received LOTS of attention over the past couple years. It's much closer to what works now than it was at the beginning.

I don't ride a 220...but would expect the result to be BETTER than on my 200. Primarily 'cuz the carb on the 220 is so puny (33mm).

I'm sure you've read plenty of posts from riders that have it, so I'm not sure what "just wondering......... if everyone sees it as a good investment" means. Anyone that DOESN'T like it (I know of noone) just hasn't gone to the trouble of jetting it properly. With what's known about it now, it's pretty much a snap. Ron I'm sure sends the current 'right setup', so there is little to no 'trouble' in jetting it. Ask him what it is. Also, if you don't like what 'it is' he'll send you something else.

Some things just work. This is one of 'em.

Last edited:

munich

Jul 29, 2002
Hi i just had my carb RBized. it works awesome. i have not been riding in 20 years and asked Ron to pre jet it with a strong bottom end and take away the top end. After installing it I tested it in my parking lot. The bottom end was great. When it got in to the main jet it was very weak (as requested). I decided to raise the clipfrom notch 3 to notch 2. This brought a strong mid and top end.

I took the bike on my first woods ride in 20 years. I spent most of the time under 1/3 throttle. My nephew has the identical bike as mine (2001 KDX220) that is stock with no modifications. My bike also has a Gnarly pipe and Boysen 607 reeds.

Half way thru our ride we swapped bikes. I noticed I coul ride a gear or 2 higher just chuggin along with my bike. My nephew is an ex motocrosser and comented how powerful the engine was at all RPM'S. He also said he his quite happy with his stock bike.

Moral of the story ... KDX GREAT STOCK, GREAT MODIFIED!!!

FOG

Top Bottom