RC and Honda

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
Until MC is stomping RC with regular frequency, regardless of how long who's been on top or championship titles, that makes RC the better rider.

I'd be willing to bet that somewhere in Vegas there is a board that says if MC and RC are in the same race, the odds are 90% in RC's favor.

Read all the mags where MC bags on himself for not being in shape and for letting himself get beat. The best rider is the one that wins. Not the one with the most excuses. Heck, if excuses won races I'd have that number 1 plate ten times over :confused:

I'm not trying to take anything away from MC either, I think he is also a God, right up there with Hannah and DeCoster. This was relative to the conversation on how Kawi' lost the greatest thing to happen to them in quite a while. RC is the best rider right now, no questions asked. Although I'd like to see RC and pastrana duke it out. :) I dig on Travis ALOT, and think he's a great role model, but I'm not sure he could hang with RC.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
No, the best thing to happen to Kawasaki was Fro when he doubled up on 250 MX/SX. Too bad he got into the party crowd and got caught with a bong.:(

Ricky's good, but is lacking in the "approachable" department.

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
Think of it this way. I don't know where a single one of your work but pretend your company's biggest competitor offered to triple your salary. Would you go? If you say no than you are lying to even yourself. This is RC's job, Kawi was his company, and he got the big offer. Stop all the loyalty whining and admit that you all would have done the same thing!! I am still surprised I took the time to reply to this.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
comparing riding dirt bikes all your life as your favorite thing to do , and making a career out of it ... to our pathetic jobs is NOT a good analogy.... I mean, if you started flipping burgers when you were 9, with Burger King, and they carried you around as the best burger flipper and you were the Burger King, are you going to go over to McD's when they offer a slighlty higher contract to ya?... thats your answer to decide.....

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
Well pretend you have a job you enjoy then. The point is I think everyone is lying to themselves to say they would not do the same thing. I to believe Kawi did a lot to help RC but RC has also done a lot for Kawi. Kawi did not make RC the fastest rider on the planet. He could be riding any bike out there and we would still be watching him hold up that number one plate. And with a login name of Kaw_boy you can tell I am using a completely unbiased view here.

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
Alright, how about looking at it like this. You raise your child, he works at the family business. He is offered a job elsewhere for 5 times what he makes now. Wouldn't you as a parent want your child to succeed? OF COURSE YOU WOULD. Wouldn't you feel bad that you couldn't support him/her at that rate, of course you would. Do you think the child would also feel a bit bad for leaving, but knew it was in his/her best interest? OF COURSE THEY WOULD.

Insert Kawasaki for Parent and RC for children and you get the idea.

I would have zero loyalty when offered $6 million instead of 800K to do a job I love. IF the company you workded for wouldn't up the bid, they out and out have just told you that you ARE NOT WORTH THAT KIND OF MONEY TO THEM... How can some of you not see that as an insult... You only have so many years in this industry as a racer and then you become Dave Despain the announcer...(who I like BTW).

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Hey guys, let's not forget one important thing. This is his JOB! I'm sure he loves doing this, but ultimately, it's about the money. Can any of us honestly say that if another company offered you a ton more cash, to do the same thing you've been doing, and your present employer, who's treated you quite well, didn't give you a good enough counter-offer, that you wouldn't switch(that is, unless the other co. was a complete piece of crap)? If any of you say that you wouldn't then you obviously don't have a family to take care of or dreams of retiring sometime before the next millenium.

MXer60

Feb 11, 2001
I agree totally with thunder, and I may be going out on a limb here but no one has said anything from this perspective-Kawasaki has not made any significant changes or updates in it bikes in a number of years, yes they have put new plastic on the KX line, but that is about it. They seem not to be extremely outgoing in the new r&d department. While Honda on the other hand is showing that they are extremely interested in making a better bike, and even different bikes. I know that they have not made great stides in the 125 motor but it will come. Yet all in all we as the buyers can see more of a trend towards commitment to advancement more with Honda then with Kawasaki and maybe just maybe RC saw tha same thing as well. It is just a thought and I could totally be wrong.

Top Bottom