NCPaulD

<<<< TROLL >>>>
Mar 16, 2004
The word in the pits at Red Bud was that RC is resigning with Honda for 2005 with a new multi-year deal. The Suzuki deal has been scratched.
:worship:

Last edited:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
:think:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
So who's your "secret source"

personally, I like Sharp's Burger Ranch's secret source over anyone elses.

NCPaulD

<<<< TROLL >>>>
Mar 16, 2004
RC's mechanic said it to a group of us just after his practice on Saturday. He was dead serious and said there would be an announcement after all the legal ends were tied up.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
well, 'til there's proof, I think you're fulla baloney.

But if it comes about, you are the fartest smeller out there.

GREGGO

Jul 8, 2004
personally I think that seeing RC riding anything but RED would be a heart breaking and traumatizing experience. I hope the rumors aren't true. If they are I guess I have a to start cheering on K-dub.

NCPaulD

<<<< TROLL >>>>
Mar 16, 2004
I have been reading this board for three or four months now and this is my first post. This post wouldn't be here if I didn't feel his mechanic was being 100% legit. But who knows, he could still be in denial about the Suzuki deal? I doubt it though, he has always been a very straight laced, professional guy to work with.

Regards,

Paul Dean
AMA Pro Racing
Board of Directors

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Hey, Paul, if you're right, you got the scoop of the year! I can only imagine the legal crap that would happen, though. If what you say is true, Mike G shoulda maybe kept it to himself. Could cause some major problems that would make the Windham/Yamaha feud look like an ice cream social.

*edit* Maybe (and I don't know what you personally heard) Goose said "We'll be back with Honda next year" and referring to himself as "we" like people sometimes will do.

oh yeah, and how come I haven't seen this on Cycle News Online yet? ;)

And welcome to DRN :)

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
NCPaulD said:
The word in the pits at Red Bud was that RC is resigning with Honda for 2005 with a new multi-year deal. The Suzuki deal has been scratched.
:worship:

Welcome to the boards Paul.

I believe it. After the Rossi deal, :bang: Honda would be crazy to let RC go too. :ohmy:

Ol'89r

NCPaulD

<<<< TROLL >>>>
Mar 16, 2004
It has even been on mototalk yet! Your right maybe Mike shouldn't have let the cat out, but there may have been a little too much pride for him to keep in. He was saying that RC wasn't feeling comfortable with the progress of the new RMZ450F.

Personally, I feel RC could take the title on a nearly stock bike, no kidding!! Did you see him at Red Bud? Bubba who??

B

biglou

I was there. I can't see RC on anything other than red, but then again, red looked strange after switching over from green, so... Whatever color, we'll get used to it. Unless it's still red, in which case we're already used to it. And yeah, RC just looks comfortable and looks like he's having an absolute blast. I agree that RC would do extremely well on any color bike, stock or factory. The kid's flat got it goin' on.

Hey Paul, was that you that yelled at me to get off the podium before the 125 moto 1? ;)

*edit*
XRpredator said:
*edit* Maybe (and I don't know what you personally heard) Goose said "We'll be back with Honda next year" and referring to himself as "we" like people sometimes will do.
Last I read, on RacerX or TWMX, Goose was going with RC to Suzuki. So, that said, he was probably refering to himself and RC when he said "we". Either that or he had a turd in his pocket... :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Not saying I believe this rumor....

But as soon as we pulled out of Red Bud on Sunday, I told Big Lou and Red, I gotta wonder if somehow RC will get a killer offer from Honda and get out of his Suzuki contract. RC has to be riding the best bike (for him) possible right now, and it's gotta be a little hard after all this time of testing with Honda equipment (and the way he rides that CRF450) to jump ship to a whole new bike. RC is so smooth and fast on that CRF that it's scary. He's untouchable right now. And it wouldn't be the first time someone has been in breach of contract (or maybe there is some sort of loophole). And if he gets sued for a few bucks, I don't think it'll matter to RC if it's the difference between riding a championship bike versus a second place bike. I can't wait to see what happens......

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
personally, I think it would suck if RC did not go to Suzuki. You make a deal, stick with it. To Heck with Honda

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Not sure what color RC will ride, but I do know one thing: RC haters will hate on him for dumping Honda if he rides yellow, and they will also hate on him for dissing Suzuki if he rides red.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
while I'm an RC disliker, I'll dislike him less if he goes to Suzuki, and dislike him more if he backs out on that deal.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I still do not believe Honda dropped RC because he was asking for too much. Evidently Suzuki had enough for him and if Suzuki has enough for him Honda without a doubt has whatever it takes to keep him. Moneywise I am talking.

What could Honda have possibly been thinking?
Where they set on getting Reed or Bubba, I couldnt find anything in the previous posts?

The winningest rider of all time, very popular with fans, heart of no other in this sport, and still probably early stage of his prime, let go by the deepest pockets in the industry. Come ON. :think:

Has someone at Honda come up missing recently? ;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
< if this is true >

Maybe Suzuki didn't live-up to their end? I'm sure the contracts are pretty complicated, who knows. I just wouldn't assume anything.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i am not sure if the development of the RMZ450 holds true- its been doing OK in Europe and dont Suzuki have an option to ride a full on works bike? i wondered if this was the pull to get him in the first place?

anyhow, who really cares, all i care about is me riding a new suzuki next season! :)

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
It's really a non issue, all of the bike are the same anyway. HRC is no better than Zook, 450 is the same as a 250. Even my brown eyes can see that.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom