Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
I've read that RC is going to keep #4 for the nationals.

Has this ever happened before... the champ not running #1 ???

ChuckJ

Dec 7, 2000
RC wearing #4 for nationals

I don't know where you heard that but I have never heard of it. I bet AMA would make RC run #1 even if he wanted to run a different #. Believe me Rc will wear #1 any chance he gets.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Chadd watts rickys mechanic said they will sport that number it has been a very lucky number for them why change.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Chuck J: after the LV SX win, RC's mechanic said that they wanted to keep running the #4 plate, because it was lucky for them, and that under the rules, they could.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
rumor

I've heard the rumor, but I find it hard to believe. The Kawasaki team wants the #1 plate displayed, and likewise for Honda if RC jumps ship next year.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I've heard the rumor and I believe it. I haven't figured out yet why Kawasaki doesn't make him run the #1? Having that #1 plate means alot to the manufactuers.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Just another step toward the NASCAR direction--all the newbies watching SX this year saw RC as the #4, they'll get confused if he runs #1.

I think he should run #1, he ran it on his 125.

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
I'm stoked...

So should I be looking for #1 or #4? :cool:

It's gonna be hard to miss Ryno on that 450, that's for sure. Should be some great racing...

ChuckJ

Dec 7, 2000
Rc's #

Hey fellas, maybe he will run #4 but I think if I was choosing I'd go with the plate and we all know that's #1. Be interesting to see but I'm not betting the family farm on RC sporting any # other than #1!

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Define Rumor

I guess I don't understand. RC's mechanic said it. In front of a camera. And into a microphone. It was thus seen, and heard, by millions. Including me.

Maybe RC isn't on the same page. Or maybe he is, and the team will change its mind. But for now, I think this story is much more than "rumor."

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Hmmmm.:think

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Maybe Ricky's OTHER sponsors besides Kawasaki would like him to run #4 for marketing reasons. And if he feels it is his # and his lucky #. perhaps he will forego the #1 plate. Personally, I would like to see him run the #1.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I'm buying into the 'superstition' theory. After all, once he won his first SX of the year wearing 'pumpkin' colors,he didn't change for fear of breaking his good luck!:p

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Well, actually he did change the color of his gear for Vegas and now it looks like he is changing the color of his bike! Why not a number? For the same reason: Money. Fox pays him to show off the new digs, Honda pays him 3-5 million and marketing number 4 will pay more in the long run. Good business.

Superstitions only go so far in determining one's decisions...

darklore

Jul 5, 1999
Personally I like it just for that fact that it shows contempt for the new numbering system (whether that was intended or not). Ricky has every right to #4 because thats his "chosen" number like travis keeping 199. I mean #1 is nice and you can display it all over the pits and the rig but according to the AMA we will only be able to really recognize Ricky if he has #4.

In reality its probably the luck factor plus its always good to stir up some contoversy...he'll get more press without #1 than with it.

"No Ricky say it ain't so...GREEN is GOOD"

Top Bottom