WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
MXR842 - interesting theory. So Kawasaki is spending $10 million per year to make sure JBS doesn't win any big championships?

Enron economics...

It's always possible that the don't think JBS is ready to win the 250 class, Internet pundits be damned.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Bubba said himself in RacerX that he didn't feel he was ready to ride a 250. It doesn't get much clearer than that! Why are people still debating the reasons why he's not moving up this year?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by FMFHonda161
Think of a season with 4 or 5 riders in a points race? Can't wait... this will be a great season.

we say that every year. rarely does it happen.

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
This really sucks....It would've been an outstanding year...It'll still be good but with a major player missing it just sucks....

My pick for the 2004 SX championship is a toss up between Windham and Reed.

I'd rather see Windham take the title though...

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by mdkuder
That's too bad as I think Reed would have smoke his punk a$& just as he did the second half of this year!

Reed didn't smoke anyone in the last half dude.....RC came from way last to Reed's rear wheel on several occasions..That's NOT getting smoked.

Now...Getting beat by nearly a minute every moto in the outdoor nationals is getting smoked...Reed got a spanking by RC outdoors.

Reed = no major championships....Yet

RC= winningest all time rider.

Reed will not be an all time great...After next year with RC out of the SX Reed will have to turn around and face Bubba in 2005. And Bubba will spank Reed...

Reed may have 1 major title...Maybe 04 SX title if Windham doesn't take it...After that....Reed will have his hands full.

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
All this talk about Kawasaki deciding which class Bubba should race is bull. He made up his own mind, and Kawasaki supports him either way. Although I'm sure they'd rather see him win more races and championships in the 125 class. Bubba himself even admitted he needs more time to mature. He has learned from Pastrana's and Carmicheal's mistakes, about moving up to the 250 class too early. He says "I'm only seventeen, I have a lot more racing ahead of me." That's also why he hasn't been on the MXdN team yet.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
How disappointing. Just lost interest, almost entirely, in this year's season. The only battle worthwhile considering this year was RC vs. CR. Now we'll just have to wait 'til next year--CR vs. Bubba.

Yeah, there'll still be good racing, but I won't care...CR vs KW vs DV... :ugg:

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
CRAP! Now the rumor is that Reed's got a shoulder injury! This really sucks...

Looks like it's going to be alot of washed up sattelite team riders next year!

Nick Wey's odds at a podium finish have just increased dramatically

zorlac_147

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
McGrath? ... Langston?... Wey?.... We could see one or all of these guys on the podium. Very interesting.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Don't forget, CRASHBANDICOOT himself (aka TP) has expressed interest in racing select events this year indoors. Maybe an opportunity for him to get a 250 win.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
dont forget lusk, reports had him setting consistently faster laptimes than CR, that switch to yami may have helped, and no matter how many times i see bubba ride he is still amazingly fast and is always interesting to watch no matter how far ahead he is, no fuscia this year though.

AngryCandy

Mar 2, 2001
Originally posted by jboomer
Don't forget, CRASHBANDICOOT himself (aka TP) has expressed interest in racing select events this year indoors. Maybe an opportunity for him to get a 250 win.

Yeah, he could be the first guy to run a supercross race and complete a backflip on the finish line triple every lap.

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by mxer842
dont forget lusk, reports had him setting consistently faster laptimes than CR, that switch to yami may have helped, and no matter how many times i see bubba ride he is still amazingly fast and is always interesting to watch no matter how far ahead he is, no fuscia this year though.

I wouldn't doubt that at all...Lusk had some great races last year...Maybe the Yamaha will suit him well...

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999

I wouldn't doubt that at all...Lusk had some great races last year...Maybe the Yamaha will suit him well...

Yeah, Lusk is back on the team he got his first professional 250 wins on, and back with his old trainer Gary Semics, who was coaching him while he was back at Yamaha in '97-'98. Those were some of his prime years.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
dont forget lusk, reports had him setting consistently faster laptimes than CR

Now, I really like Lusk (used to dislike him), but I really, really doubt he's faster than Reed consistently. Sure, it's possible (Phoenix last year, he's now with his hugdaddy again, etc.), but practice lap times mean as much in SX (look at Windham) as vertical leap means in basketball. Lusk has always had as much talent as everyone out there, but like MX547 has said, he bloodied himself up too much early trying to chase RC around that he steps it down some these days. He'll show up every once in a while a la Phoenix, but it will always be a gesture until he can gets out there, pulls his head out and goes for it (like the winners do every race).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom