TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Damn it. Not only is it going to make the racing less interesting, but if Chad Reed wins the 2004 supercross title, everyones going to say it's not a true championship title because RC wasn't racing.

I hope RC heals quickly.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Less nteresting? Come on! You know RC woulda spanked that Aussie ass!
(okay.. so that's a troll :p )

Fear not though... CR will still finish 3rd.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Less nteresting? Come on! You know RC woulda spanked that Aussie ass!
(okay.. so that's a troll :p )

Fear not though... CR will still finish 3rd.

I'll bite.

Ass spanking. Ha, yeah right Okie. Well I guess now we'll have to wait until 2005 to see you proved wrong. :laugh:

Maybe RC was so concerned about losing his title this upcoming season, he over trained and caused the injury.

3rd? Another joke I presume? We'll see, we'll see. :)

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Okiewan seems we may need to send you back to Yoda for some more training......3rd??? With RC out who are the top two???. Windham?? Yeah he can do the business. Vuilleman??? When did he last do a full season on the pace. Lusk???.....Mach 1 to nowhere. So who???? Larocco???? Twilight time but can do damage in an occasional race. Fonseca (last years No 3) ????....get real!!!!! JBS??? Yep he can kick butt but is he even there for a whole 250/450 season??? No...3rd is a totally worst case scenario. Reed is gunning for one or two.

Can XRPredator can make Voodoo dolls to order??? I want one....

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Okay, enough with the JBS "can't do a whole season". Let's evaluate:
Rookie season (SX), fell dwn too many times to win it. Last year... wanted to set the fastest laps (overall!) at Vegas (Still won SX). Stained his outdoor title. How many races has JBS 1) Missed and 2) Lost that he's entered?

That's what? a few crashes (brain farts for a 16/17 year old) ? How stooopid! Those of you that can't see that JBS is the most talented and driven MX/SX'er that has ever been are in denial. No Kidding. And I've been a fan since the beginning (in the US). <-- for whatever that means...

Get ready JBS Haters! I'll assume the same as RC haters; ie: hate someone who wins too much. Like OU :p

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Well until JBS is confirmed for a whole season in 250's then Ill worry about him over 16 rounds... until then he's an interloper (who can win races). If he's confirmed in for 16 rounds of 250's then yes... Im worried. You would have to be taking serious drugs to not see the speed that man has.....I like his character too. Comes across good in interviews.

But I dont hate any rider enuff to make a Voodoo doll to get at them....thats more for someone over this side of the pond.......

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Wonder if JBS will wait up for CR :laugh:
I'd like too see Windham take it if JBS goes back too 125's :thumb:

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
Stewart is going to fly no doubt but I wonder what sort of learning curve he will have once he hits the 250 class. OOhhhh, RC, Stewart (when the time comes), Reed and KW puttin on a show for the outdoor season. I hope there are a lot of folks mixing it up with Reed and KW and really earning those fatty paychecks.

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
There will be no learning curve for him. He's already there. But is he there for 16 rounds or 8 rounds and then go 125ing....thats the point.

TOTALL

Feb 21, 2002
Damn it!!! this sucks I just read the artical on racer-x.Now I'll have to go with my second and third picks.Bubba,K-dub.I hope K-dub and bubba slice and dice for the championship.I liked watching RC oh well, guess I'll have to wait till the outdoor season.

Later TOTALL

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
I heard that KDub had consistently quicker lap times than RC at the Honda practice track. So RC asked that a 450 be set up for him; on which he proceeded to injure his knee.

zorlac_147

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
When was the last time anyone saw KDUB run a full SX final at the pace that he can run? Don't get me wrong I have always been a KDUB fan but SX is not his specialty and I think riding the 4 stroke may also be his demise much like RC. I am watching for a 2 stroke Maybe the MC on green? Grant? only if Reed flounders? I still think there are some strange politics surrounding Bubba's deal. I would love to see him race the 250 class but I think he is waiting for a lot of money to win a 250 championship. Maybe from honda next year? will they (honda) pull the trick they did with RC and buy more championships? Many questions that make our lives as race fans more fun?

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
As far as I am concerned, until JBS is racing and winning the 250 class consistently; it is a moot point.
Step up to the plate and run with the big dogs , or sand bag back to get a guaranteed championship so as to keep his big ego inflated....He has said that is what he wants to be the first to have 125 west & east SX titles, 125 outdooors, and 250 SX and MX titles.
If he is so bad ass and spanked Reed so easily before, step up now since RC isnt there and whip him..
Just a thought..

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
OK, here's where it stands. Upon reading Stewarts interview in my Jan '04 RacerX mag, he will stay in the 125 class all through the '04 season. It seems like it's his decision, not Kawisaki's. We won't see Bubba on a 250 full-time until 2005. So it's still Reed's title to lose in 2004. I'm no Reed fan, but I see the facts, that man has the indoor skills! He's the Jeremy McGrath of the 21st century. But my heart says Kevin Windam will be healthy and consistant enough to take the 2004 250 SX championship. MC? He'll do select events is my therory, and is in no way in title contension. Vuillemen, will do better than y'all are saying, and he may be a threat, as long as he stays healthy.

The bottom line is, it will be one interesting season, and you can't predict who will win a championship, especially since injuries are all too common in this sport. It's all about who stays healthy and is the most consistant.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
yeah, I would also like to see KW do well as well... BUT, the past has shown us that he seems to excel more in MX then SX. Before he got hurt, he would usually due well outdoors.. what was his last SX win, Louisianna in 01?
whereas on the other hand, Reed seems to be the complete opposite, and he admits to it, that he favors SX.
Either way, its a crazy twist to lose RC now, when we thought it would be his toughest challenge to retain the title. Now we know RC wont be the 04 SX champ, but I think it will get heated up for all the hungry dogs now. I personally dont know what lusk is doing and wouldnt bet on him, but you know he has to be thinking that this is his best shot now, since RC is gone and he did pass Reed in the early SX race last year to win one. I dont think Reed was in his zone yet then.. just my point that losing RC doesnt mean it will be less interesting.
And I'm not a JBS hater, I think he is absolutely phenominal, but I went thru this with TP when he was coming up. Now granted he had all his other distractions, but he hasnt wont a 250 title either.
I know that JBS isnt a bunch of hype, the boys got mad skills, but it will be like watching Shaq play ball with a bunch of trolls.....LOL...

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
my theory is that kawasaki knows (or is pretty sure) that bubba would win the sx and mx 250 champs if he raced them and since his contract is up in a year, they would prefer if they kept his price as low as possible. secondly, if rc is to be out for 4months that puts us into April, one month before the nationals start, will RC have the time needed to train and get enough testing in, and he will need a lot more if he is going 4stroke, to even be back up to speed for the nationals?could this jeopardize his national reign as well?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by zcookie49
Step up to the plate and run with the big dogs , or sand bag back to get a guaranteed championship

he had a guaranteed outdoor championship this year too. look what happened.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
That's too bad as I think Reed would have smoke his punk a$& just as he did the second half of this year!

FMFHonda161

Jul 11, 2002
I am not surprised about RC's injury like any athlete you pay a price for running at that level. Hope the best for him with recovery. The sport can only get more interesting at this point. With RC out I guarantee you will see new motivation in the hearts of every single rider out there. JBS is looking to surpass every record in every class. He will undoubtedly ride 125's this year. As far as the 250 class goes anything can and will happen. What will MC do? I just read the final points standings for the 2003 Supercross season and frankly there are 20+ names that have a real opportunity to be on top. Personally I feel Laracco is always a threat as is KDUB, Lusk, and I don’t care what country they are from Vuillemin, Fonseca and Reed will be there too. This sport is great because it is Worldwide! Think of a season with 4 or 5 riders in a points race? Can't wait... this will be a great season.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
No doubt Rc has to be hatin...I just read that Kehoe stated that the injury was pre-existing, and that RC didnt crash on the thumper, just aggravated it more, to the point that the ACL needs reconstruction.... Does that mean that he has been racing all along with a bad knee? If so, he is one tough SOB.
and another point. Did RC sign a 2 or 3 year deal with Honda? I think it expires after the 04 outdoors, maybe the same time as JBS?????

Top Bottom