Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
That's Wrong

I am ignorant to the AMA rules surrounding this, but it's flat wrong, IMO.

Fellow Kawi rider RC could have a major impact on the title chase.

I don't like it. I hope it's not true, or the AMA won't allow it!:think

biker

Sep 22, 2000
Your right Strick it could have an effect on the championship outcome. I just looked it up and only 9 points separate Langston and Brown. I like the Idea of RC dropping down. The 250 title chase is done and this will make the 125's that much more interesting to watch. I'm interested in seeing RC's speed against these guys. I don't think he would try to block Langston, if he can get in front of him, but that would set off some fireworks. Hopefully it will just be good racing and he won't affect the championship outcome.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I think it's very cool - and I'll be at Steel City to catch all of the action live :confused: Lucky me!

I think Brown or Langston might lead RC early... but once RC gets the "feel" for the 125 again - I think he'll put in a good charge to the front. Yeah - RC's teammate Brownie is down by 9 points... I wonder if RC will "help" Brownie in any ways? I can't wait to see this next weekend - how exciting!!

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I know they are saying RC is doing this for the chance to beat or tie a record of 125 national wins, BUT, could this also be an underlying Curtain Call with Kawi? you know, riding out a bike he dominated with in his career?..In my opinion, It would be crazy if Brown and Rc get tangled up and Grant passes them for the title!.Go REDBULL...

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Originally posted by nikki
I think it's very cool

No, it's not cool!!! Cool would be RC getting whatever he's looking for some other season. This could disrupt one of the best 125 seasons ever.

If you have been following this closely, as I have, you would know that the rivalry that exists between Langston (19), and Brown (29), should be played out in the same manner when the season started, WITHOUT RC. It was a real shame to see Travis pull out. That 3-way battle was awesome. I actually got bored with the 250 class, mainly because the 125 class was so much fun to watch.

RC should stay on his 250. What kind of ego trip is this guy on? I sure hope Pastrana or Mc can bump him off that Supercross podium next year!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Hey - I live by the mottos - "reach for the stars" and "you only live once"

I think it's great that RC is able to drop down to take another record in the books. Racing a 250 at Steel City would be of little challenge and kinda pointless to him - and considering Steel City is RC's last "green" race for some time to come - I think he shold pursue his dreams and goals in style. And at most nationals - they get pretty spaced out after 2-3 laps - I don't think RC is really gonna get in the way of the title chase. Langston and Brown can still duke it out for the title - and it may give them an extra push to duke it out in FRONT of RC. I honestly can't see RC taking Langston out or doing anything dirty - I think he's just gonna go out there and ride. Big deal - I think it's great that he can do that - and if it was such a bad move - messing with the title chase - I think the media would be all over him about it. Most of what I have seen - people are pretty pumped about it. Go RC - it will be a great race to watch. And won't he look kinda silly if Langston and Brown stop him from breaking the record? I love a good challenge!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by Strick
. . . What kind of ego trip is this guy on?
I don't know, but it bothers me too. Maybe he figures if he gets the record he'll be able to afford a new little green derby hat with sequins! (you know, to go with the little green suit and black shoes with buckles :p )

I just wonder if he'll even be on a Kawasaki . . . :think

biker

Sep 22, 2000
I agree with Nikki. The 250 championship is over and this will add something new to the 125 class. I just want to see if he can hang with Brown and Langston. I think the crowd at Steel City is going to like getting the chance to watch RC in the 125's. I was there last year, wish I was going back.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I love the idea of RC moving back down to try for the record. Nothing wrong with it at all, IMO. Even better would be him spanking the entire class... both motos. :p

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
I wonder if if RC wants to do this or is it just Kawasaki getting every last penny out of RC before he rides red next year? RC is a professional and will race his best even if it's not his idea. I don't agree with him entering the race but you do have admit it's nice to see Grant and KTM make such an impact on the big bike makers that they do something like this.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Tell ya what, it'll be interesting for sure... I just hope Langston pulls it out, even though he's not an American and no non-American has ever won the title and even though I'll have to take CRAP from BuduBasher because Travis didn't win it...

Anybody but brown! :D

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
Now for the really unpopular opinion.....I would love to see RC take Langston out, thereby securing Kawasaki the 125 championship as well. That would really provide for some heated exchanges on the Flame Board. Talk about a soap opera.

;)

EMA Racing

May 6, 2001
Hmmm, let's look at this from a potential points perspective. The points difference from 1st to 2nd is 3 points. 2nd to 3rd is 2 points. Therefore 1st to 3rd is 5 points. What if RC mixes things up enough so Brown, RC, Langston go 1-2-3 both motos? Brownie would win by 1 point. Without RC in the mix the title would still go to Langston. Just somthing to think about.

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
Originally posted by Strick

This could disrupt one of the best 125 seasons ever.

If you have been following this closely, as I have, you would know that the rivalry that exists between Langston (19), and Brown (29), should be played out in the same manner when the season started, WITHOUT RC.

Actually let's just let Langston and Brown race. We will rid the viewing audience of those pesky lappers and anyone else not riding on the same cloud.;) After all , they would just get in the way.:p OR better yet we will let Brown and Langston each rip off 15 laps by themselves and time them to determine the winner.:p Sorry to raz you a bit, but my point is that anyone can throw a wrench in the machine of this championship, and racing is an un-predictable, dynamic event.Fonseca could very well get even with Brown ( finally and stuff him hard!) Anything can happen and it probably will. MIght as well sit back and enjoy!:)

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Now there's a suggestion, YZ... Let's turn MX into a time trial:silly:

Does that mean Brown would take himself out?

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
This whole thing's got me a little confused. He wants to race the 125's to beat the record he's currently tied, but they're also saying he would be there to help Brown? The only help Brown needs is WINs. But, if brown's losing to Langston and RC takes the win, Brown would lose fewer points to Langston? Maybe?... I'm rooting for Brown to win but if he needs Ricky's help I don't think he should get the championship.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
At least ricky will be riding against someone (Langston) who is not afraid of him. Everyone seems to be willing to let RC go by without much of a fight. He'll have more trouble beating Brown and Langston on a 125 than he would beating anyone on a 250.

I have to go with Langston for the title. I like Brown also, but sinse Langston has healed, he's been kicking but. The KTM is faster on the starts.

Okie. Didn't Frenchman Jean Michele Bayle win the ama 125 title?

Top Bottom