MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
I would prefer RC stay with Kawaaki, but I am a fan of RC's no matter who he rides for. I just hope if he goes RED, that Chad Watts follows him there. Those two make an awsome team. Besides, I think Ezra would be good for RC and RC would be good for Ezra. They always seem to practice together.

------------------

[This message has been edited by MX265 (edited 04-25-2001).]

BBB

Jul 10, 2000
Wagoneer, I am well aware of Rogers stint with Honda, but he spent most of his own winning career on Zook, and only left after they released him. He didnt leave chasing more money. The point I was making is that its easier to go to a Factory for a post-race career job, when you illustrated loyalty to that brand when you have other choices. Many riders burn bridges and leave Factories on a sour note, and that doesnt help in those later years.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I bet ol' KW has a hard time finding a post-career job with any of the factories. :p

BTW, Wagoneer! No offense, but I LMAO! Does AJ stand for Army Jeep? ;)

------------------
XRpredators photo album
Jimmy G's Motorsports

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
BBB -
You hava valid point for sure!!
and I wasnt saying that Roger made a bad move or anything -
I guess I read it wrong -the post just seemed to say he was always with them through his carrer riding and managing
and implied he stuck with Suzuki for loyalty.
Might very well be --
My guess is if you talk to the man
he rode Suzukis for the same reason that RC will likely stick to Kaws.Best offer.Its not everything, but when you have those guys level of talent, the bike or team becomes less important.You can win on anything..look at McGrath.
As soon as RD's racing career ended he went to Honda instead of Suzuki? I'm sure it was for prestige and pay?

XRpredator
lol
The name is actually spelled that way by many people...had to do with driving wagons across the west years ago? "muleskinners?"
something like that? :)
AJ stands for AJ ..
Twinspar has various derivitives of it though for some odd reason.I think its his senilty acting up and forgetting his medication to often. :p

------------------
http://d17.dirtrider.net

biker

Sep 22, 2000
I just read on the RacerX web page that it's about a 95% done deal that RC will be riding red next season. Who knows, I still have a feeling that he will stick with Kawasaki.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
re: A.J.

I guess it ain't too hard to figure out what you guys use for the "A" to go with "juice" or "jam".

Kick their butts Waggoner!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I tend to lean toward Apple Juice as a favorite interpretation... But Apple Jam isn't bad either. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
There are a few of us here that know what the A and J stand for LOL... for real. But, I won't be the one to let the cat out of the bag. Juice or Jam, either way works. Even "Jacks". Got milk?

RC will ride Honda. I'm hearing rumor (can't tell ya) that he'll ride Red even if Kawi offers a bigger contract. He likes the bike and he'll get to share the rig with his buddy Ezra. We'll see, ya just never know.

After watching Travis struggle getting the RM over the triples last night (Vegas), I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a move soon :eek: When have you EVER seen TP have trouble with jumps? Did he look hurt in the post race interview or what? I've never seen that look on his face or lack of enthusiasum.

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Did he look hurt in the post race interview or what? I've never seen that look on his

I was thinking the same thing last night after the 125 main. Travis looked like he had tears running down his face. Looked like he just had a hard time dialing in the track and all the announcers were talking about how bad he looked in practice. I wish I could suck as bad as Travis and still finish 2nd in the biggest race of the year.

Racers Edge

Jan 22, 2001
The reason I heard RC wanted to switch was because he wanted the best equipment and support and he believed that Honda would be the best for him. I'm sure that the money is a good incentive also, and I don't think loyalty is a big issue, everyone needs a change sometime. These days I don't know of any Pro's that haven't switched brands at least once other then RC, and I don't know if he's ridden Kawasaki's all his life either. I know that Pastrana use to even ride a Honda, but he may have only raced with Suzuki. The point is I'm sure everyone's going to switch sometime if they believe they'd be better off somewhere else. Why would someone stick with something worse when they think they can have something better?

Regarding Pastrana, man that kid looked so hurt he looked like he wanted those interviews to be over real quick! Just goes to show how tough he is and what a sportsman he can be.

Anyone else here one of the announcers say that McGrath was running FMF instead of Pro Circuit, for his first time ever? That I found strange!

kdx200rider69

Jan 25, 2001
Originally posted by Racers Edge
Anyone else here one of the announcers say that McGrath was running FMF instead of Pro Circuit, for his first time ever? That I found strange!

Yes they Art and David Bailey said this and MC didnt think he was getting as much performance as he could out of his bike so he put on the FMF pipe. Strange thing to do to one of your sponsors but if it worked for him im sure hell start running the FMF.

daveyg

May 7, 2001
Guys, come on.... It doesn't surprise me one bit that Ricky has ridden Lusk's bike and liked it. They practiced together and I'm sure they practiced together at times when the Honda and Kawwie camps weren't watching. Some of you are saying that Honda should be careful who they let ride their bikes? Actually, just the opposite. Honda couldn't have played that card any better. To have Ricky try out a Honda is like test driving a new sports car. It's different from what your use to and Honda's generally feel very comfy and user friendly. I'm sure Ricky felt pretty good on a different machine after riding Kaw's for so long.

Personally, I'm a Honda man and have ventured into the Blue camp for the enjoyment of the four strokes. But, with the CRF approaching, I'm already thinking that 02 is going to be a good year for Honda. With RC and Lusk on CR's, they would clean up, as long as Lusk stays on two wheels. I think Tortelli is on the fence, since he's had mediocre finishes indoors. I know he tends to shine outdoors, so we will see what happens. :cool:

daveyg

May 7, 2001
P.S.- I feel bad for Pastrana on that underpowered Suzuki. I get to watch him climb the Yamaha mountain @ Glen Helen this coming weekend and against Ramsey and Fonseca, I'm thinking Pastrana will jump ship to another manufacturer if he can't get that Bumblebee to keep up with the four's.
:eek:

Top Bottom