Seth_88

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2000
I was watching the SX today on TV, and David Bailey said RC had already ridden a CR(Lusk's) and liked it. I bet Kawasaki was not thrilled with that. I thought that him going to Honda was just a rumor -seems to be more serious according to Bailey.

------------------
Seth
00 426

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Reportedly Honda has offered 1.7. I don't see Team Green letting him. Especially with Chevrolet behind, they have the potential to match whatever offer is out there. Rumor has it that he will go to KTM.
I thought that was good for a few laughs.

------------------
Lloyd TMTC #540 - Y2K KTM 250 E/XC
Please sign my Guestbook at My Homepage
"You're fast 'cause the fast guys stayed home!!"

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I heard that Hondas offer was around 6 million dollars for 3 years. We shall see in time what happens here.

------------------

200Proof

Feb 27, 2001
I was kinda suprised to hear them sreading that rumor on National TV too, but maybe it's not a rumor but a fact that won't be announced til after the season is over. I would like to see RC ride green next year (I'd really like to see him ride blue but I don't think that's going to happen)and you hear a lot of people talking about loyalty, but RC is a business man and has to do what is best for RC in the future. And maybe that is the money, advertising, R&D, promotion and everything else I'm sure Honda is offering. I'm sure Kawy can match the money part of it, but Honda is a more dominating factor in racing and in stature as a company. We'll have to wait and see what happens but I'll be happy to watch RC racing on any brand of bike.

------------------
2000 YZ-250

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
Yabonwick, he shoud go to KTM, he already wears the colors.

------------------
“ If we weren’t all crazy we would go insane” Jimmy Buffett
'99 KTM 380sx

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Ohh wouldn't that be super duper cool.

------------------
Lloyd TMTC #540 - Y2K KTM 250 E/XC
Please sign my Guestbook at My Homepage
"You're fast 'cause the fast guys stayed home!!"

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
I was real surprised that RC rode LUSK'S bike, I mean, I know they're friends from way back, but I don't think Honda should take risks like that if they're not sure he's going to switch over. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I just think it's strange.

-KTMKyd

------------------
[This life has been changed by Jesus Christ (evident 04-05-2001).]

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Of course I would like to see RC go blue too... but seriously - I really hope he stays a green pilot. Kawasaki has worked well for him over the past years (he has some kind of pro title each year for the past 5 years) so why should he change? If it's about money - I'm sure Kawi and RC can work something out. I think RC will stay loyal to team green.

------------------
'01 YZ 125 - #32
2000 D17 Women's Motocross Champion
Sponsors: DGY, MX-Tech, Bell, Smith, Works Connection, Boyesen, Twin Air, SoCal/DeCal Works, Morris Trailer Sales, and Skyway Trucking

Seth_88

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2000
If Kawasaki let's him get away, it will be as bad as Honda letting McGrath go. Who ever has him riding for them is going to have championships, so I guess it will be who ever wants cough up the cash.

------------------
Seth
00 426

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Think about this though. Yogi goes red and has problems, K-dub goes red and has problems. I really think the added pressure that Honda places on it's riders can crack those not ready for that type of situation and are only jumping for the dollar. There is more to life than the money and being happy can more often than not IMPROVE performance.

------------------
I ride, therefore I crash
KTM 360EXC

BBB

Jul 10, 2000
Very true Patman, and sometimes you gotta dance with the one that brung ya. And brand loyalty can have its benefits long term also, after the racing career is over. Just ask DeCoster, after winning all his titles on Zook, he now has a good career running thier race program. RC & Kawasaki obviously work well together, why change a good combination? Chasing that dollar sign sometimes isn't the right decision.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Patman-I'd say that the best years of Lusk's carreer have came on a red bike. And KW, well...his results on a Suzuki seem about the same as ever. maybe if all of us KTM riders poll our own moeny and give it to KTm they could afford to bid on RC. That would be wonderful.

------------------

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by IDkTm:
. . . I'd say that the best years of Lusk's carreer have came on a red bike . . .

I have to disagree, IDkTm. I think Lusk's best years (and KW's) were on Yamahas.

I would almost bet we see little Ricky on a CR next year. Honda is going to do all they can to beat McGrath, and hiring someone who's done it is the first step. I also think RC going to the Red Riders would be that much more motivation for MC, who will always want to beat Honda.

------------------
XRpredators photo album
Jimmy G's Motorsports

P_Taylor

Uhhh...
Jun 17, 2000
Didn`t RC refuse to honor the contract he had with Team Splitfire and THOR clothing a few years ago because FOX offered him more money to wear their clothes.

Loyality didn`t look to be one of RC`s strong points then , still might not be.

------------------
Patrick Taylor

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by XRpredator:
I have to disagree, IDkTm. I think Lusk's best years (and KW's) were on Yamahas.
KW easily had his best years under the Yamaha tent, but Ezra in his year on Yamaha won 2 SX mains and 1 national and since then he has won I believe around 9 or 10 SX's on a Honda and 3 or 4 nationals. No matter how you slice it Ezra could do better if only he kept it upright more often.

RC spent his first 2 years on the pro circuit team wearing AXO. He went back to Fox when he was bumped up to 250 SX in 99. He was supposed to wear Thor like the rest of team Pro ciruit when he rejoined them for the Nationals, but broke there clothing contract and stayed with Fox. He was fined by Pro Circuit for it, I believe, but Fox paid the fines for him.

------------------

[This message has been edited by IDkTm (edited 04-23-2001).]

Mudboy

Dec 3, 1999
Maybe Honda will get him then force him to ride a four-stroke and wear a sierra club jersey to promote their new environmental awareness campaign.

------------------

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I think LongTime has the right idea. I totally agree. Besides, if you have a winning combination, why risk it?

------------------

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
If honda hires RC, guess who'll be looking for a job. Lusk should be careful who he lends a bike to! Lusks contract is up at the end of this year. I think Tortellis is also. That frees up tons of cash to go shopping. Honda has a track record of hiring other peoples stars.

------------------

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
IMO rumers are rumers, but hey, anything can happen! I really don't think this will happen. RC has been a kawie rider for years, and I really bet that they will spend all they possible can to keep him.

------------------
Aaron's web site

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
RC goes to Honda, Lusk and Tortelli end up on Kawasakis. Simple as that. They get two for a lot less than RC will be pulling down. Plus, Seb and Yogi are fairly competetive (look at Lusk's performance at Dallas and Tortelli's Nationals last year).

It'll happen.

------------------
XRpredators photo album
Jimmy G's Motorsports

MrYZ

Feb 2, 2001
THE RUMOR IN DIRT RIDER MAGAZINE WAS THAT HONDA IS READY TO JUST ABOUT HAND RC A BLANK CHECK TO GET HIM ON BOARD. HONDA WANTS TO WIN A TITLE SO BAD THEY CAN TAST IT. LETS FACE IT WINNING RIDERS SELL BIKES AND YAMAHA HAS MC WHO FROM THE LOOKS OF IT IS ALMOST NO CHALLENGE FOR RC. I GUESS WELL SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NEAR FUTURE..

------------------
HOWELL RACING
IF YOU WOULD HAVE LEARNED TO TWIST INSTED OF STROKE YOU WOULD BE A MOTOCROSS CHAMPION BY NOW

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Don't you guys get it? Even if RC has every intention of staying on green bikes, the only way for him to get what he's worth is to position them in a bidding war! Happens all the time in other sports.(Baseball,etc.)

------------------

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
BBB-
As far as Brand loyalty -
Ummm Decoster worked for HONDA for
many many years after his racing career was over.
Managing that team to more championships than any other.
Who do you think brought Bayle over to ride Hondas and win three national titles in one year?
His move to Suzuki was just a few years ago.

As far as RC...I think the Thor/Fox contract breach shows he will simple go where the most money is, nothing wrong with that,
a smart business move from a rider that can obviuosly win on any brand.
I would think Honda would offer a lot-
but I'm sure Kaw would counter it.
RC's in a great negotiating position..
can't blame him for making the most of it...a riders career can end very abruptly.

------------------
http://d17.dirtrider.net

Top Bottom