RC to race 125's at Steel City!!

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Of course what I find interesting in all this is....WHAT HAPPENED TO CALIFORNIA? Too many ear rings? Seems like the dominance in MX has shifted South East! Hard work from the guys like RC and Bubba have displaced the coolness of being next to MXA and the other industry centre's!

Wonder how long it will be before the major 5 MX bike builders will start the meca to Florida trying to find the next lepercon.

Actually I think Bubba has more than a little bit to do with RC's decision to concider a run at the 125 record. So far Bubba's trashed all the prior RC records available to him. Now RC's is running to get ahead in the other records left to him! If RC does in fact move to Honda. I hope Bubba Sterwart put green back on top....And where is this bike-of-the decade-according-to-all-the-me-too-types builder Yamaha sit in all this? With all the hype they don't have a title shot this year in the nationals! I hope Mike Brown pulls off a title and gives Kawasaki a clean sweep. If he can't...I hope Langston can. That also would be nice to see. KTM winning their first AMA National title.:p

PTCruiser

Aug 25, 2000
I'm just curious: Did the Bomber go back to the 125 class to get some of those wins, or did he stay away once he moved up to the 250's?

Lots of good points in this thread.

It does seem like there's a big push now to make the 125 class just as premier as the 250's-is that a good thing? I'm not too sure. Where will the up-n-comers get thier experiance if they don't have a good "farm" class to cut thier teeth on? Both RC and Travis had major troubles when they first tried riding on the bigger bikes and they're some of the best there is. So I think if you let guys like these stay in the 125's then the other inexperianced riders trying to make a name for themselves either won't stand a chance or else they'll take TOO MANY chances trying to beat the top guys.
Where else can the rookies learn the ropes?

jroseberry

Sep 25, 2000
benchmark

I would think that this could be a good benchmark for the up andd coming
125 riders. They get a chance to see how hard they are going to have to work over the winter to compete in the 250s. Just a thought
RC is on a roll I hope he can keep it up come supercross time.
jroseberry

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
I wish I could see the race live . . .

It would be great to see how a former 125 champ like RC stacks up to Brown and Langston, one of which will hold the title in a week. I think RC is proffessional not to park anyone unless they try and park him first. He is aggressive, but not as aggessive as Brown or Langston, IMO.

You never know what could happen. Brown or Langston could get a really bad start or DNF, and the issue of RC "interfering" will be a non-issue. Racing is racing, and if you can get behind the gate, you belong there as far as I am concerned.

I hope RC wins, and rest of the cards fall as they may? It should be interesting.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Top Bottom