RC to race 125's at Steel City!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
According to www.racerxill.com - If RC clinches the series next weekend at Broome Tioga (pretty much all he needs to do is beat KW and he will clinch), he will probably pilot a 125 at Steel City in the last round. You may wonder why? Well - RC and Mark Barnett are tied for 125 national motocross wins and RC wants a chance to have the record to himself. I wonder if he can drop down to a 125 and dominate Langston and Brown? :)

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
wow thats so cool!!!! RC is the fastest 125 rider I have ever seen, Grant and Brown are no squids it should be an awsome fight. I wonder what will happen if RC gets a chance to help out Brown with the points. :p

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Good point, Pred. I'll go out on a limb and say he'll ride green.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Langston/RC pileup in the first turn.:p

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I'm hoping that RC doesn't do it. There is too much at stake in the 125 division at the moment for him to get in the mix. Plus if he does come down to the 125 class to play team tactics for Brownie it won't look good for Kawi in the PR IMO. I'd like to see RC claim the record, but this jsut doesn't seem like the best time to do it.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I think he should wait till next year. Too much of a battle to get into the 125 class now. Maybe Glen Helen 2002?

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
I agree, RC should stay out of the 125 battle and leave Barnett's record intact. Whats the point? Maybe he should go get a KX 500 and prove that he's a real man. Oh thats right they only allow 500cc 4 strokes in open (I mean 250 class)

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
I'm sure that RC doesn't have anything against Brown, but I'm sure that he wouldn't sacrifice the overall for himself to help Brownie win the title.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Cheers for Ricky to have the points lead to be able to do that and nice idea to break another record, but with what is at stake in the 125 points chase, I would not do it. If he happened to turn things around and make a radical change in the series, he (at least I would) would feel MIGHTY gulty and bummed. I would rather see him take a sunday "goon" ride in the 250 class. I hear it is a real hoot when pro's try to immitate beginners and they are still fast. Maybe some stoppies, tricks, and monster whips. :p :confused:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
If RC does this, I'll lose all respect for him. If he thinks he needs to go BACK to the 125 class to protect his "winning" record--he's WRONG and he's LAME.

When's it gonna stop? You get the feeling this kid will never quit, let up, whatever, and may culminate in him being a beer-belly sportin' 42 y/o (no offense 42 y/o's :eek: ), coming back to protect a 250 record or something :silly:

Reminds me of a pretentious, self-preoccupied baby that can't take "no" for an answer and can't stand the thought of being beaten anytime he is alive and/or capable. I think we're going to see a rough transition to retirement, if you know what I mean. Can you say "graceless"?

Jeesh, all that and he hasn't even faced Bubba yet. :p

OldManIn

Mar 12, 2001
Originally posted by nephron
You get the feeling this kid will never quit, let up,

I admire RC for this trait. It is the one trait that got him where he is and will keep him on top for a long time to come.

That said, I don't believe he should return to the 125 class to defend his record. He has graduated to the next level. You don't go back to college to defend you total yards gained after going to the pro's. You move on and establish a new record.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by OldManIn
You don't go back to college to defend you total yards gained after going to the pro's. You move on and establish a new record.
Good point! I would be fine with it if RC decided to compete the entire season on a 125, but not a one-race show just to put his name on top.

Hannah's not gonna come back to get his record back from The Leprechaun, so why should Lucky care? Is he going back to Loretta Lynn's to get his records back from Bubba? I don't think so.

If RC wraps it up before Steel City, I'd have more respect for him if he pulled a Hannah and just pulled the pin and went hunting.

OLD-N-SLOW

Nov 21, 2000
I think this shows RC's drive to be the best at mx/sx racing. After his second to
k-dub a few weeks ago, you would have thought it was the end of the world.
Ricky was real down on himself. This Kid wants to win!! If he wraps up the
250 title early and wants to go kick some 125 butt, then more power to him.
If the current 125 racers cant beat a guy who has been riding 250's all
year then thats just more proof he's top dog. Besides the 125 guys have
James Stewart coming, so maybe this will be a prelude to the beating their
going to get next year.
If only some other racers had the drive RC's has.
Pull the pin.....quit?? not this guy!

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Hey, I don't think he should pull the pin/quit either. After re-reading what I typed back there, it is kind of harsh. Especially from a guy who really likes RC a lot. But something smells about what he's thinking about now. It just seems cheap, over-the-top, and obvious. As XRP said, he should just get the balls to say "what the heck", and move on. Whether he's got enough personality to do what Hannah did is, well, debatable....Well, nevermind, it's not debatable. :silly:

OLD-N-SLOW

Nov 21, 2000
If RC was taking advice from me I'd say stick were you are and be happy.
Unfortunatly, he does not take advice from me. Nor does he even know me.
But if he can pull this off and win.....wow!
Who could then say he's not the best rider and have a leg to stand on.
I think that is what RC wants.
Jeremy Mac is a cool guy and would have another sx title if not for RC.
Ricky wants to beat everyone everywhere, on anything.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
If only some other racers had the drive RC's has.

That says it all. He is looking to rap up every record he can put his name on and second place does not put your name in the books. Its to bad the rest do not have the same drive. There would be some great racing.

If Ricky wants sole posession of the 125 win record, more power to him.

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Ricky Ricky :p .....but It is a bad time ....125 class is the only class going...Let it play out like it should be ...Plus its a wash .....Ricky should just know he could have had that record if he wanted it ...."no but I passed for the other GREEN guy"

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I think RC should go for it. If having that record means that much to him, then more power to him. Strive to be the best Ricky.

Personally I think RC being in the 125's for the last round shouldn't make a difference in the 125 battle between Brown and Langston. The battle for the points basically doesn't go to who wins the motos, but rather who places in front of who, is what it is going to boil down to. Ricky being in there with them shouldn't make a difference in the Brown/Langston battle.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by super rat
Thats RC's record we all know it. How many years did it take the Bomber to get to 25 wins? RC did it in 3. Go get it Ricky. :p
Mark Barnett, 125 Champion 1980, 1981, 1982

Ricky Carmichael, 125 Champ 1997, 1998, 1999

Looks pretty similar to me. :think

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
The Bomber got his first 125 win in 1978 and his last in 1983. Give RC two more years in the 125 class and see how many wins the "leprechaun" has.:p
The Bomber is/was the man but RC is the best mxer ever, wake up man.

Top Bottom