BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I just got the Mamba put back together yesterday. I had the suspension set for my weight. I also replaced the linkage bearings and seals (what a b%&*!). The weather was HOT and HUMID so by the time I was done wrenching, I was pretty burnt out.
I took the Mamba for a short spin and came back and rechecked all the nuts a bolts. A little later, I got a 20 minute ride in and was pleased with the change.
I still need to set the sag and begin the adjusment process. However, I believe the sag is very close right out of the box. The few jumps that I did felt good. The whooped areas were fabulous. The small bumbs are absorbed much better than before and this will probably be the area I will try to fine tune the most. Most of my riding is in the woods but I do like to jump some. I'm going to try to get some more saddle time in this week and will update/question everyone then. :cool:
For the record, the Mamba was great the way I got it. The difference is rider weight. Okie has me by at least 35 lbs. The suspension would soak up the biggest, badest bumps but would beat me up on the smaller ones. This bike is an arm stretching machine and continues to surprise me everytime I ride it.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The Jury is in.

Went for a couple of loops at Chimney Lake with Justql. These trails are mostly technical and tight with some open areas. Lots of roots and a few rocks thrown in for good measure. My previous rides here resulted in some funny crashes and some severe monkey butt:o .
Yesterday, besides a few face slappers and a low tree branch (insert little birds circling my helmet), the ride was much improved. My suspension performed much better and did not beat me up. The square edged bumps were nothing and the roots disappeared. The harshness of the previous setup is gone. I still have the clickers where Jer put them and will begin to make some adjustments now that I have a good baseline for comparison.
I have SAG again. Also, the forks compress when I use the front brake! I had zero wash outs and the rear end seemed to stay in line except in the transition from loose dirt to hardpack. I believe a new tire would help in the respect though.
Thumbs up, Jer.

mikee88o

Aug 9, 2001
if anyone has seen the inside of the mamba forks-they'd be amazed-every
(i mean every)piece of aluminum is anodized
coolest looking components i've seen

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
coolest looking components i've seen

When I replaced the seals and wipers I was surprized to see that myself.:)

Top Bottom