Reading Dyno Chart, help needed

trialsmasta

~SPONSOR~
May 7, 2003
I have a dyno chart in front me for a 2003 RM 125. It compares the Rad Valve to the V-force. The Rad valve produces aprox ¼-½ horse power extra than the v-force from about 10K to 11.5K, about aprox ¼ -1hp from 12-13K. Up to a full pony more than the V-force. That’s pretty impressive. But to the V-force’s credit it has the rad valve beat by about a ¼ - ½ HP more than Rad Valve between 8-10K. Now on all charts the HP takes a dip right around the 12K point. Does it really matter what kind of HP you produce after it starts to take a dip? Being a true C class rider, (none of that Loretta Lynn sandbagging crap) should I go with the Rad Valve or V-force? Extra ½ at 8K or extra ½ at 11K? I usually ride at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, and of course WFO in the straights. Also do you think most guys can tell the difference between an extra ½ HP? I think the difference from stock is over 1HP at certain points of the powerband.

B

biglou

I think small peak HP gains would be hard to notice, especially over a narrow range of RPM's. Also, if you can get gains where you would use it more, I would go for that. If you're not losing any HP in the WFO position, get the one that gives you the power where you use it. Seems like everything I read about the V-Force is that it is a great, torquey reed valve system that gives lots of grunt down low if set to the lowest tension settings. That's where I would want my two-stoke power, but that's just me.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…