Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I'm off to the Branson National tomorrow, all thats left is to load the trailer and head out in the morning. MX547 and myself will be taking on the Over 40 class. From what I've read, this years event is at over capacity, so finding a pit area may be interesting.

Here's a link to the RMZ just after I finished getting her ready for the big race.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2819991460066789413WTzqFa?vhost=good-times

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
MX547 needed a high powered sponsor for this weekend's national in Branson but all he got was me. Seems his last race at Ascot resulted in a collision and a broken CDI.
I pulled the oversized tank and P3 but left the tall seat and brush guards on. If the temps at race time are 65 -75 degrees, I hope Jay's on his game. The YZ is so crisp at these temps it is really unbelievable. He'll likely have to run the clickers in but I think the MX-Tech suspension will be just fine for him.
So far, the worse thing for me about this deal is that I have no excuse not to do some work around the house. Guess I'll do some honeydo's in order to get a kitchen pass in the next few weeks.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
So your the un-named sponsor! Sundays calling for mostly sunny, windy and a high about 78. Should be good for the YZ! I knew Jay was waiting on parts from last weekends crash. Its going to be funny seeing him on the trust YZ. I have a feeling the class is going to be large. Last year there were 16 entries in the plus 40, this year I think its going to be much larger.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm eager to read the ride reports.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
damn those guys are fast.

i went 14/12 for 12th overall in 40+. bswift's bike ran good but i should've taken an hour on friday to practice on it. i'd never even as much as started it until i got to the track. it was way too soft for a fat man like me. on the second lap of the first moto, i came off a small jump, landed in a hole, and bottomed the forks. it felt like i broke my wrist. my hand came off and i was reading the front number plate. luckily, i saved it. i turned the clickers a bunch before the next moto and i did much better (although the results don't really indicate it). the fast guys were just gone.

the track was very rough and the ruts were deep but at least the jumps were in good shape. there were alot of fast riders there. the place was packed. it's turning into a legitimate national.

thanks for the help brian. sorry i couldn't produce better results.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
oh yeah, some dip**** stole my gas can out of the back of my truck at the motel. :|

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Chili said:
Glad to hear your little mishap didn't result in an injury Jay :cool:

my wrist swelled up so much that i had to cut the armband off. i couldn't even get my finger under it.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
As MX547 said all ready, the track was rough, deep ruts in the corners and was very slick in a number of places. I rode worse then a little girl in a pink toto and ended up going 18/17 for 18th overall. Not last, but closer to the bottom then I thought I would be. I can say I did it, but I can't believe this qualifies as a National event. Thats all I'm going to say about that.

Our first moto I had three guys go down in front of me 2/3 of the way up the start hill. I grabbed the brakes and came within a foot of running over one of the riders. I was stuck until the 3 of them moved out of the way. If it hadn't been for this, I think I would have done better the first moto.

On a bright note, I did get to see MX547, which is always an enjoyable time. I ran into a old friend I've not seen in a few years and I got to watch local fast kid Terren O'Dell win the 250 B Stock Championship.

Top Bottom