reaer brake problem or is it just me?

Chodeman

Apr 11, 2001
Every time I touch my rear brake on my 00 220 it locks up the wheel. Are the brakes this sesitive or do I just need to learn better braking technique?

------------------

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
did someone pour glue onto your brake shoes?
seriously, unless you are the worlds biggest lead foot then your situation is highly abnormal. check the rotor for burs (possibly from hitting rocks) that could be gouging into the brake pads. also put the bike on a stand and spin the rear wheel and look to see if the rotor is wobbly. if neither of these scenarios is the case then just replace the brake pads.

------------------
KIPS repair from manual: http://www.ioa.com/~dragonfly/moto/kips.html
my sweetheart: '89 KDX200 SR

Chodeman

Apr 11, 2001
its on a brand new bike and everything seems to be functiony good. I was thinking about trying to lower the pedal though, i'll give it a try.

------------------

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Bleed out the factory installed break fluid and install a good quality DOT4 fluid. If you’re still not happy install a good quality set a break pads. To make the job simpler you’ll want to draw new fluid into the system by using a Might-Vac or a syringe on the caliper rather than pumping new fluid in the tradition way.

New bike? You’ll want to have a look at the new bike prep section on the JustKDX home page. Make sure you grease those linkage bearings!

David

------------------
Let's bust big . . . I don't think so. Let's bust bark! Now your talking!

www.justkdx.dirtrider.net

Jason2001

Jan 3, 2001
....also check that the pedal return spring is there. This spring has broke one a couple bikes of mine, producing the same symptom.

------------------

Top Bottom