dexwtzrllygud

Oct 31, 2008
last week i bought a new rear tire with hopes of changing it .. well i cant take off the rear wheel the rear axle on my cr 125 seems to b stuck .. ive hit it with hammers, slegde hammers everything u can possibly spray on it and nothing works.. any help with this?

dexwtzrllygud

Oct 31, 2008
i have it off and if i tap it with a mallet i can move it back and forth in the swingarm.. ive also sprayed it with penetrant and wd40 and stuff but its still stuck like its welded on or something

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Put the nut back on, backward. Turn it on the threads until it's just flush with the end of the bolt.. Still loose, but covering the end of the threads.. Then smack the hell out of it with a sledge hammer...

It should move.

Then make sure you put a bit of grease on the axle when you put it back together, so this won't happen next time.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Place some blocking under the swingarm, next to the other end of the axle. Take the weight off, and brace the blow.

+1 on what foxforks said. Lay the bike on its side and place a wooden 4x4 block under the swingarm right next to the axle. Then get a BFH, (Big Freakin Hammer) and smack it.

If you don't back up the swingarm you will lose much of the effect from the hammer when the swingarm flexes.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
You can remove the swingarm and wheel from the frame and use a 'BAP' (Big Ass Press) to press the axel out. Chances are, you will destroy the hub since your axel is most likely rusted/galled to the bearing or the center spacer sleeve.

This is why it is so important to do basic maintainance on your bike. Things like removing the wheel bearings and re-greasing them periodically. You could also try heating the hub with a torch. This will expand the bearing and maybe release the grip on the axle.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, 89er's right. Some heat on the hub and a press is about the only option that won't end up ruining the swingarm too. Pounding on things is generally a bad idea. My bet would be that the spacer inside the hub (between the bearings) is seized to the axle. I try to get mine apart for grease at least a few times every season. It can get expensive to fix once it ends up like yours. Good luck, hopefully it works out good for ya!

Top Bottom