gonzodog

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2001
My son's Yamaha 1992 WR200 trail bike has recently developed a problem with the rear brake.

The caliper and pads won't spring back from the disk after applying the brakes. This causes the pads to drag on the disk and slows the bike, as well as it has made the rear brake extremely sesitive. Only a few ounces of pressure at the pedal will lock the rear brake. Naturally this makes the bike a little hard to ride in slippery condition.

I have cleaned the rear caliper throughly, and have noticed that the slider pins are corroded. I cleaned them up with a wire brush and lubed them thoroughly so the caliper will slide on them easily. I also replaced the brake fluid and bled the brakes. The pedal is hard, no sponginess.

I am wondering if the problem isn't in the master cylinder and that somehow fluid is not flowing back up into the master cylinder after the brakes are applied, therefore leaving the brake semi-engaged.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
did you take the caliper piston(s) out and clean them with real fine wet sandpaper? How about cleaning and lubing the pins that the caliper floats on.

Top Bottom