oster99

Mar 18, 2001
Hey everybody! I have an 01 250 MXC and as probably everyone knows the rear brake is a light switch. As in it's on or off. I know that some people have replaced the stock rotor with a solid one. I've heard that doing this helps but still leaves it a little touchy. I was wondering if leaving the stock rotor on and replacing the steel braided brake line with a rubber one would make a decent improvement. If any one has tried this I'd like to hear about it. Also, anyone know where I could have a rubber line built? Thanks in advance!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
www.enduroeng.com

Try the solid rear rotor AND their semi metallic brake pads. Did the trick for me and I hardly ever stall it braking anymore.

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
the rubber line idea is old school and would not be a good idea
i would DP semi metalic pads first then if you dont like the feel still
then get the solid rotor

wsmc831

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
I've got the same problem...but I'm leaving the brake alone and going to put in an EFM clutch so I can lock it up, seems like the best way.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
My TM was like that, no modulation in the rear brake, because the spring was too stiff, I couldn't feel the progression of the lever. I got rid of the spring and it's been great since.

iridesx164

Jun 14, 2002
i have a yz125 and an 03 sx125, there is some difference in the pedal. One day after a clutch change in the yz, i left off the spring, accident of course, and i noticed a little better feel. I might try that with the sx. Or (scince i lost the original spring) i put on a very weak spring i found in the garage. I think its an govener spring off an honda pressure washer. It holds the pedel up, barely, and still has good feel. Try stuff!

------------------------------------
03 sx 125
00 yz 125

Top Bottom