trsrdr

~SPONSOR~
Jul 12, 2001
Does anyone have a suggestion for a rear disc guard? I'm looking for the lower guard to protect the rotor. It needs to be a bolt on type, not the weld on variety.

eldrm

~SPONSOR~
Nov 3, 2000
the scotts unit,although a little more cash,is a very cool piece.your brake mounts to it ,slide it on,put the axle thru and your'e done.very easy!

dtsviper

~SPONSOR~
May 31, 2000
:) :) :)

I agree with eldrm. The Scotts unit is very easy to install and holds up very well to rough riding. I race a few enduros in the Texas circuit and I have had 0 problems with all of my Scott's parts. They cost a little, but you definitely get what you pay for (IMO)!

Good luck!

trsrdr

~SPONSOR~
Jul 12, 2001
Ok, so the Scott's unit is great. I also see on reader's rides pictures where several bikes have PCV disc guard. What's the scoop on that one and where can a person buy one? I can't find any links for PCV.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
JCV220 is a reader and contributor to these forums who owns a machine shop (JCV Products) and he built a few of these guards for friends but his machine shop business has taken off to the point that he just doenst have time to make the one-off KDX stuff anymore.

KID KDX

May 15, 2001
:( :( JCV Doesn't make the KDX stuff anymore?!?!?!:( I was just gona email him and see if I could get a disk guard:eek:

Scotts looks good to me!

Top Bottom