Rear end swapping in whoops section

PedroMx

Jan 12, 2001
Hi guys:

I have this little problem with my bike. In the whoops section of the local track, the rear end is kicking sideways. I have tried reducing the rebound damping in the rear but past a limit packing is present and the problem isn't solved.
The sag (static and racing) is OK according to the manual 95 mm.
The bike is a Husky CR250 with the Boge Sachs unit. The shock is getting really hot and I am thinking of an oil change, since it has 3 months of racing from the last change. I will be taking apart the shock so if any of you know of something that can be done with the stack to improve the action in whoops let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Pedro :)

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Minutz,
Right on brother, softening your compression will only make packing worse. And that is whats going on here from what I can tell.

BR,
Jer

PedroMx

Jan 12, 2001
Thanks guys.
Reading my original post I made a mistake, I meant to say that I INCREASED reb damping, it seemed pretty obvious since everybody noticed.
I think that I must reduce some damping in my brain too...
Thanks again. :)

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
From the Factory Connection website on suspension tuning:

"Back End Kicks Side to Side: Generally caused by too much compression. If bottoming isn't felt anywhere on the track, adjust the compression 1-2 clicks softer. Too much rebound will also cause this because it holds the back end down in a stiffer part of the travel which in turn makes it too stiff for the bumps it is hitting."

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by cp380sx
From the Factory Connection website on suspension tuning:

"Back End Kicks Side to Side: Generally caused by too much compression.

Well if they said compression force they would be right... Making the compression stiffer will prevent linkage induced spring and damping force increases.. This tunning guide is a hold over form the old days..

How do I know? beacuse even my own has some stupid contradictions.. :) Old school has a way of stiking around..

Top Bottom