jpm5151

Sep 11, 2001
My brother just replaced his front fork seals, we get everything back on the bike and notice that his seat is lower, so he gets on his bike and rear shock is bottomed out. If you pull up on the rear fender the bike will rebound, but as soon as you sit on the bike again it is bottomed out. What could have caused this? He has replaced his swingarm bearings but not his linkage bearings would this have any effect on that. I played with the bottom screw on the rear shock which I believe is the rebound adjustment which had no effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Maybe something is binding in the linkage /swingarm ? Are you sure all the little bearings are instsalled correctly? Maybe the shock has lost its charge of nitrogen . Sometimes folks will overtighten the rebound adjuster screw on the shock and the needle adjuster gets caught on the seat (internally) this is someytimes can be remedied by stroking the shock real fast (pushing down or hitting bump) Iam not directing you to ride this bike like that but instead maybe take out the shock and see if the swingarm travels freely. If it does then you should probably just get the shock serviced or checked out .Since you just replaced the fork seals you will start out with fresh suspension front& rear. Check those bearings first espescially if you had no problem before working on the swingarm . HONDA uses those little TORRINGTON needle bearings on the side of the swingarms , maybe one has come loose. GOOD LUCK

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Doc,
Don't you think they forgot to instal the spring? Someting is really messed up.

JPM,
Did you forget to instal your linkage bolts?

BR,
Jer

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom