Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
When we set 'sag' to the proper hieght for the rider's weight what fork angle are we actually trying to attain. I have access to a digital inclinometer and could measure directly in the fork tube. It would be easier than the tape measure from rear axle to fender trick (I think) ;)

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Interesting question, but sag is about having "lose" travel in the rear more than fork angle, althought as you know the 2 are related.

Jer

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
some service manual say what is the correct angle for the steering headstock. don´t know if it´s valid to attain the correct sag.
but it´s very easy to get the correct sag with a measuring tape... :cool:

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
Jeremy Wilkey said:
Interesting question, but sag is about having "lose" travel in the rear more than fork angle, althought as you know the 2 are related.

Jer
Hmmm... So... 'sag' is directed more at shock spring tension than attaining/maintaining a particular fork angle for best handling during the ride?

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
well thanks all. I just thought that of the various dimensions given from the factory,i.e. rake... trail... steering head angle... one was the object of setting rear shock sag. And i do have a handle on the ol' tape measure but i thought throwing in a little digital technology would be cool and cheaper than the 'sag tool'. :nod: Any Hooo... I'm good... Thanks. Over and out...
D. Dave

Top Bottom