Rear susp bouncey like a trampoline

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Got through the motor & carb on that 94 kx125 , now Im gonna get a lil down and dirty with the suspenders...... The bike is like a freekin tampoline....seriously ! Like I don't know rather I wanna fix it and ride it or just build an enclosure around it and let the kids jump on it. Now my question....is this simply a rear shock in need of a refill....or could I be lookin' at a complete overhaul of the rear suspension ? I know a little about one or two things, but I don't jack squat about no rear suspension.....so feel free to lead me in the right direction....really , don't be shy ; )

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
With a bike this old you will be due an oil change and gas recharge at least and as you have the pogo model most likely a new seal and bladder. It's common for the bladder to get a hole and trade oil and air so its time to send it to your trusted suspension guy. It's not a hard job but needs to be done just right for best results. I'm from the other side of the world so can't recomend anyone for you to use but plenty of others on this site will know your area

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Agreed, time for a service/inspection. It's usually not too terribly expensive if all it needs are seals, fluid and charge....I've had a couple pogos before, low oil and/or nitrogen will make things sketchy, lol.

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Well, I geuss we'll never really know lol..... I took the "lazy route" with this one. I found a guy locally parting out a 94 and bought the whole rear shock assembly for 40 bucks.....still more bounce than my 03 kx 250, but I guess that year model is known for that. It is 100 times better than what it was, not to say this shock aint one jump away from being in tje same shape as the other, but for now it'll do. I do apollogize for wasting your time, but I greatly apreciate every response. Y'all are the bestest !!!!

Top Bottom