Bman007

Jan 25, 2004
Hello

I weight in at 180lbs. I have a 2003 KDX220. he rear suspension feels soft. I plan to replace the front springs and rear spring within a few months. For the time being will setting the rear suspension harder help? I believe the stock setting is 16 clicks. What would be good for my weight?

Thanks

prk03

~SPONSOR~
Jun 24, 2002
Have you adjusted the rear spring action by moving the adjusting nut on top of the spring. There are two sort of nuts on top of spring. The top is the locking nut. I use a long punch and hammer and tap one of the teeth untill it comes loose. Then on the bottom nut tap to tighten which puts more tension on the spring. this will stiffen the rear.According to the manual the standard nut postion is 116.mm or 4.6in. This is measured from the center of the top mounting hole of the rear shock to the bottom of the bottom adjusting nut. The manual states the range is 4.05 to 5.0 in. You can use a long screwdriver if no punch. Taking off the seat and side covers will be helpful. Hope this helps. You may not need new rear spring but front probably.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
GO WITH THE 5.2 and dont compress it down that much. I weigh like 210, and I wish I got the 5.2 My 5.0 is compressed a lot, and it is a PAIN to get it down there with the spinner comressor things.

Top Bottom