Rear Suspension, Like a rock! (Not chevy good rocks)

FMX_novice

Jan 5, 2001
Hi, on my 1995 CR 125 i have had a minor problem with my rear suspension. Its been squeaking a little when i sit on the bike and bounce on it. After my friends dad did a top end on the bike the problem was worse ( It was a 3 week top end job where the bike was sitting on its tires and a v-stand the whole time.) After that job was done i realized the squeaking had gone from minor to major. The suspension seems WAY STIFF! there were no clicker adjustments made to it and the suspension sticks and doesnt rebound smoothly at all.
Whats wrong
How can i fix it so that it will work for 1/2 season of racing?

The bike has 45 hours on it ever and had pro-line do front suspension modifications, but im not sure if they also did the rear susp.?
It is set for my exact weight.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Take the rear sus apart, then clean and lube the bearings. Sounds like it's binding up. IMHO.
Fred

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
I believe Fred's on the right track. Sounds like either your linkage or swingarm brgs need serviced. I would pull the shock & start looking for the rusted culprit. I would replace the bad one's and lube the rest.

doc

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
I too would bet on the "rust factor", but while you have it apart, check linkage and shock clevis for unusual wear on one side and not the other...indicating perhaps a misalignment somewhere.

Top Bottom