Status
Not open for further replies.

honda bob

Jun 1, 2001
ok guys and gals I need a new rear tire for my XR. If you dont know thats a 18 inch rim on XRs. So I have heard alot about the michelin S12 but thats a soft terrain tire and i have heard they wear quickly.
So which back tire do you all prefer and is it true soft terrain tires wear faster?
Thanks,neil :)

BikeDstroyer

Jun 30, 2001
I like Michelin M12 they wear better than S12, but the S12 seems to hook up a little better. Both are good choices.

X-Wrongway

May 11, 2001
Michelin and Dunlops are both good but..

For the money I run IRC VE-33 rear and VE 35 up front. This tire is consistent through it all. Dirt Rider rated it as one of the best all around tires out there. And I would have to agree. I have used Dunlop, Michelin, Pirelli, Bridgestones, and I keep coming back to this tire cause it works and wears like Iron and they are under 50 bucks. Try it you'll like it. The M5B is a great all around tire too.

zorlac_147

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
tires

Go to a shop and look at the IRC M5B . set it up next to the michelin or anything else in the store you will see that the knobs are bigger, these tires last a very long time as long as you keep proper pressure in them and hook up extremely well in almost any conditions. Just my opinion ( also many others too though).

nathan
01 cr 250

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by honda bob
ok guys and gals I need a new rear tire for my XR. If you dont know thats a 18 inch rim on XRs. So I have heard alot about the michelin S12 but thats a soft terrain tire and i have heard they wear quickly.
So which back tire do you all prefer and is it true soft terrain tires wear faster?
Thanks,neil :)
In my experience, soft terrain tires last longer than intermediates unless you ride in rocks. Because the soft-terrain tires use a harder compound, they tend to chunk and tear easily in rocky conditions. I have used both, and I liked the S 12 for it's traction, but most of my riding spots are very rocky, so they tear up quickly. They do cross over well into harder terrain, but the M 12 seems to have a broader range of terrain that they work well on.

honda bob

Jun 1, 2001
Ve33?

well you say try Ve33's well right now I got a VE33 on the back and a VE39 on the front. just thoght i would try somthing new. and spanky 250 soft terrain tires are made out of harder stuff? didn't know that
thanks for your replys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom