mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Just wondering if there is some natural play in the rear bearings in my Honda. I can barely move it side to side at all but it is barely noticeable. I was wondering if there should be play at all? Thanks

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
There should be no play. Make sure what you're feeling isn't play in the swingarm bearings. If you do replace your wheel bearings, some Chinese bearings are looser new than worn out Japanese or American bearings.

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
I put it on a center stand and it is not the swing arm at all. You can't see the side to side movement in the wheel but you can hear it slightly if you pull hard enough. If you tug lightly there is no play only if you put ALOT of force into it. Do you think I should be worried and tear it down immediately? Thanks

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
No, I wouldn't worry immediately, either. I would pull the axle out and stick your finger in the hole and spin the bearings. If there is any roughness or looseness then they do need to be replaced. I don't know which year they started doing this, but newer CR250's have 2 wheel bearings on the sprocket side. Make sure you check both. Bearing failures are expensive, my friend found this out the hard way.

Top Bottom