backtoracin

Mar 5, 2001
When im going into a corner, usually a flat corner, I seem to be getting lots of rear wheel bouning going on while on the brakes. Im curious if it's me riding wrong (which Im guessing) or if its a suspension issue I need to address. I have a 01 CR250, and have been toying with the rear end trying to dial the shock in. If its a riding issue, whats the correct way to get rid of the hop, i.e. body position, etc. Thanks.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
most rear wheel bouncing in that situation is because you are likely sitting down. this loads your suspension and will make it hop.
Try standing and in the "attack" position this will stop the hop.
also if its that rough going into the corner find a smoother line most ofter it will only be 10-20 inches one way or another..........remember your tires on that cr are at most 10 inches wide..... :p

wardy

------------------
"don't wake me.......I am working."

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
You might want to dial in more rebound damping. That will help the rear wheel stay down a little better. Ride a little with it as it is, then come in and turn the rebound in about 4 clicks, then go ride. Don't do 1 or 2 clicks because you won't feel it. See how that works.

backtoracin

Mar 5, 2001
Thanks wardy. I thought it was me, so many things to try and remember! That and I'm sure my suspension isnt quite dialed in yet. Now I just have to wait a month and try it again, ugh the weather is sooo nice here!!

Hokie

Sponsoring Member
Sep 28, 2000
Originally posted by backtoracin:
ugh the weather is sooo nice here!!

Send some of that nice weather up here to Longmont!

It looks like rain here.

------------------
Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
HA! your rite goob i could prolly flatten them out tht far!

but i hope you guys (loose term for gomer :p)
understand what i mean.....you riding on tires that are not very wide, so a variation of lines as little as 10 inches can mean the difference between bouncing all the way into and out of a corner / or a smooth line.

wardy

Top Bottom