_j0kA_

Jan 29, 2002
hey guys, i just noticed that when i spin the rear wheel on my 04rm250 that at one spot on the rotor it stops the wheel from spinning freely.. i dont suppose this is normal but is it okay to ride like that? i dont know if it did it before i changed the tires or not, i think i may have bent it a bit? i have a race coming up soon and would like to get this sorted out now..
thanks!dan

nectar

Sep 11, 2002
You could bend it back, or get a new rotor...you could ride with it like it is, but you may get grabby rear breaking and wear pads quicker than normal....good luck with it.

_j0kA_

Jan 29, 2002
nectar said:
You could bend it back, or get a new rotor...you could ride with it like it is, but you may get grabby rear breaking and wear pads quicker than normal....good luck with it.

what will happen when i hit a jump?

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Not much really, I rode/race my lil bro's RM 125 with a slightly bent front rotor non floating mind you. I'd recommend fixing it or getting a new rotor asap though, it will cause the front end to drop when jumping it's going to act like your tapping the brake.

_j0kA_

Jan 29, 2002
i dont understand the difference between floating and non floating? explain..

thats what im worried about! im not sure what to do, i have a race coming up real soon

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Well rear disc's brakes are non floating, usually front disc brakes are floating mainly on yz's and KX's. What it allows the disc to do is if it's bent slightly or wrapped it allows some side to side or freeplay if you will in the caliper it usually move's on the disc area it's self. You've seen how on yz's and kx's where the disc bolts to the hub and then there's the rivots above it slightly it moves there but only a tiny bit. The concept is to create less drag if that happens. You can take off the disc and straighten it out but do so on a very flat even surface! Take extreme care in doing this it's very easy to make it worse, do not just eye ball it you must measure it. Think of it as if you where trying to true a rim .5 a mm off should be okay. I should ask what my friend does to fix'em but he does have a wheel truing stand.

_j0kA_

Jan 29, 2002
thanks.. i think i know what you mean now.. on my front disk it has these circle things that connects the rotor to the hub, they arnt on my 125 but i remember mentioned of the 04 Rms having floating disk brakes now.. im going to try and fix it soon

Top Bottom