Fox_Pilot_101

Feb 26, 2001
hi i just bought a new rear tire for my kx100. a bridgestone m70, anyone use it? its a intermediate.

anyways i need help on removing the rear wheel, i know all you do is take the cotter pin off the right side and take both left and right bolts off, and to slide the disc out of the calipers or whatever and loosen the chain a lot then just slide it right off with your fingers, and then knock the axle out and pull the rear wheel back sprocket, disc attached and all, but am i covering it all, will my thinking work is that all i need to do? how hard will taking the chain off be?:think

TrackMaster

Mar 15, 2001
Its easy man...

I would suggest removing the chain first. Its very easy unless its rivitod(sp) But I doubt it. There should be a masterlink, just slide it off and pull the side of the link off then pull the rest of the link out the other side. THEN you take the cotter pin out, remove the nut, and pull the axle out. The tire will slide right out, but the rotor may stick to the caliper. Leave the disc and sprocket on, theres no need to remove them (unless they need replaced).:)

Youll see when you get started.:)

Fox_Pilot_101

Feb 26, 2001
?

rivitod? sorry i dont know much net lingo ive heard it used but whats sp?

so its no harder then doing a front? i dont really know how to do the master link thingy:think ?

Kramer

Jan 19, 2000
Yup. pretty much the same as the front. just pay attention to how it all comes apart, take your time, you'll do fine.

The master link works just like the ones on a bicycle. Just bigger & stiffer.

Tip: when you put the chain back together, pull the ends toghther on the back sprocket. That way the teeth hold the links in the right place for you.

Also, make sure the clip goes on so that the open end faces away from the direction the chain moves. Clear as mud?

riveted means the masterlink is press fit and the pins are peened to permanently keep it on. Not likely on your KX.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Why go to all of the work of removing the chain? Just remove the axle, slide the wheel all of the way forward, and slip the chain off the rear sprocket. Then the wheel assembly can be removed.

Hope this helps.:)

Fox_Pilot_101

Feb 26, 2001
YA!

ya why the hell woudlnt i just do that, im so happy you posted that, cause im totally xconfused, i dont know how to take apart the links.

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
Take the master link out. Never heard of that one before. Why would you do that when all you have to do is like Layton said. When you have an o-ring chain on your bike, ya dont want to be taking the master link off all the time.:)

Top Bottom