Triple Turtle

Mar 8, 2001
I'm looking for an aftermarket rear wheel to replace my existing OEM lead weight. Does anyone have any clue as to who makes a fix for such a monster?!! I've checked out White Bros and Excel and no go...? It's for a '99 KDX 220

Troy

Oct 7, 1999
Price?

I would LOVE to know what you do on this... especially COST$!

I want to dual-sport my KDX and it would be ideal to have two sets of rims to swap out "DOT tires" for "Real Knobbies" on weekends... that would be the ultimate, but I bet it ain't CHEAP!

Has anyone sucessfully DS'd a KDX?
If so what STATE did you lic. the bike in?

Thanks - Troy

cabe227

May 27, 2001
kdx street legal

talk to jeff fredette. 8 time world endro champ, kdx specilest, and he could get you all that stuff slightly used for real cheap or even brand new. he worked on y cousin jeff's '98 KDX220, he can get anything for kdx's for real cheap from the factory, of you can buy stright from him, he has his own line of parts. hes located in beecher, IL. at
Fredette Raceing Products
31745 Dixie Hwy. Beecher, IL 60401
ph. 708-946-0999 or fax 708-946-3264
he can sent you a free brochure or tech tips or something. thats from his ad in dirt rider. hope i can help

KDXSmartGuy

Jun 7, 2001
Re: Price?

Originally posted by Troy
I would LOVE to know what you do on this... especially COST$!

I want to dual-sport my KDX and it would be ideal to have two sets of rims to swap out "DOT tires" for "Real Knobbies" on weekends... that would be the ultimate, but I bet it ain't CHEAP!

Thanks - Troy

Baja Designs has a complete Dual-sport kit for the KDX for about $470. The kit includes instructions on getting it approved, I believe (check out their web page: Baja Designs). I'm thinking about Dual-sporting mine, too. Not sure at this point, though (limited budget, and I like the prospect of increasing performance, too).

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Re: Price?

Originally posted by Troy

Troy - Yes, e-mail me for the details. I moved to NY so my phone # no longer works.

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
Originally posted by Triple Turtle
I'm looking for an aftermarket rear wheel to replace my existing OEM lead weight. Does anyone have any clue as to who makes a fix for such a monster?!! I've checked out White Bros and Excel and no go...? It's for a '99 KDX 220

The talon hub/takasago excel rim assembly is not lighter than the stock one. They are heavier duty. The talon hub is a beautiful piece of work. Price should run about mid $500's for the rear. I wouldn't recommend it until you've bent the stocker unless you have money to burn and must have the best.

Top Bottom