acanz

Damn Yankees
Dec 7, 2004
I recently pulled the seat cover off my Honda CR250 to shave down the foam and fix some holes, and now I need help to reattach it. Do I just staple directly through the seat cover into the plastic, or do I do something else?

Along the edge of the seat cover, there was some stuff that looked like double-sided tape. What is this and does it need to be replaced?

Also, Im shaving 1" of foam off the top to lower the seat height, is there anything else I should do to make it stretch across the part I removed?

Will a regular staple gun (the kind where you depress a lever and a spring fires the staple) work to reattach it or do I need an air powered one?

One other question - will adjusting the rear shock let the bike sag more? Is there anyway to tell how much to adjust it to make it sag more so I can fit better on it (I have the serivice manual but I couldnt find any info other then where the adjusting thing was)?

Last edited:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Yes, just staple directly through the cover into the plastic.

I assume the stuff along the edge is there just to help keep the seat cover from fraying.

No, just remember that your reattachment points will be different with less foam.

I have used a regular staple gun and a hammer to help the staples in but the air kind work much better. I found an apolstery shop in town that will install seat covers for $10 bucks. You might check around, for me that is easily worth the price.

Look for the big ring that goes around the shock that is what you adjust for the sag. You can also raise your forks in the clamps to lower ride height.

Top Bottom