Rebound adjuster leaking fork oil

hoosierf

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 6, 2001
Anyone had this problem with 2003 200exc? I'm wondering if there is an o-ring or something under the fork cap that needs replaced?

ryan

Jul 21, 1999
That's pretty funny cause after the last race on my 01 200 EXC, noticed my left rebound adjuster was leaking oil. Have you had problems with the fork seals yet, cause man I have! I would really like some info on this myself. :think:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Oil will leak out the adjuster if you filled the rod when you were refilling the fork oil.

hoosierf

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 6, 2001
Kiwi:

How much oil might the rod hold? If it's more than a few cc's we'll have to start over with that side because my oil level will be wrong. Thanks for your advice. It makes sense.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Not sure how much - it's not a lot. I'd be tempted to see if it will stop on it's own accord. I did the same thing without knowing and redid my level but you loose a bit of oil off the springs so it was hard to say how much is in the rod.

hoosierf

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 6, 2001
I going to ride it and see how it goes. Thanks for the useful information. I suspect it won't leak at all when the forks are mounted.

headbanger

May 7, 2000
I had the same problem after servicing my forks. Be very carefull if you pull the rebound adjuster out! It has a spring with small steel balls and they will get LOST! Been there done that! I cleaned mine added a dab of grease to the o-rings and it was good after that. But then again the small amount of oil that was in the tube had puked out by then.
Use 35mm film to clean your fork seals when they leak, it worked for me!
Good Luck!

Top Bottom