craftman

Jul 27, 2007
I have a 2002 KTM 200 EXC. I tried to turn both of the rebound adjustments back to zero (counterclockwise) but they never stopped rotating. The knobs feel firm and I can detect 6 detents per rev. I only have the engine section of the service manual on cd-rom no chassis coverage. However, the specifications page said it should have 16 positions. Now the orientation of the rebound adjustment knobs is all out of whack. Please help me!

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
On WP forks it is necessary to fit the rebound rod into the damper assembly just right. Take off the forks, remove the caps, apply light pressure to the rebound rod and turn it slowly until it mates up with the assembly at the bottom of the fork. WP forks of this era need this indexed to function properly. Check out the caps and turn the rebound adjustment out to verify the are not damaged prior to reassembly.

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
Also...DO NOT remove the adjustment knob unless you do it inside a plastic bag. There is a small detent ball and spring inside that will go supersonic on you...you will never find it!

Top Bottom