At0m1c FuSi0n

Dec 3, 2000
Recently my back shock started performing very poorly, i kept turning up the adjusters and that helped for a little while but now i have to do something. The shocks wont hold nitrogen so i was wondering what parts i have to replace?... Also does anyone know who makes the shock on '92 KDX's so that i could maybe just get some O.E.M rebuld stuff from Race Tech (http://www.race-tech.com/productcatalogsubmenu.asp?menu=O.E.M+Rebuild+Parts). Anyone info/advice would be greatly appreciated.

At0m1c FuSi0n

Dec 3, 2000
I know it was dumb..

Just to clarify i dont know if the shock will hold "nitrogen" because i havent tried to get it recharged. I just tried to put some air in it (like 5psi) and i could hear it leaking out of the shock (i think :think ) so i assume that it wouldnt hold nitrogen either, is this true?

itsamelee

May 21, 2001
sounds like the seals gone ,, i had one rebuilt by a freind , put a nitrogen
charge in it put it on cranked it up and was bouncing round like i was on a pogo stick
( no oil in the shock )
jeromy wilkey has a link here at DRN and he helped me !
good luck and Jeromy Wilkey thanks again!!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Un;ess the bladder is split i dont think thats the problem.5psi will probably not open the bladder enough to get it to seal.Pump it up with air to anywhere like 80-100 psi and see if it holds if it does get it charged with N2.

At0m1c FuSi0n

Dec 3, 2000
ok..ill give that a try...

Thanks lee and marcus...Ill give that a try tommorow marcus. I just want to get my suspesion fixed. It sucks riding w/ out it (tho it makes it more challenge and iam always up for a challenge lol) :D But if the seals do happen to be gone how do i go about fixing the shock?

Last edited:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Im not sure of your shock on the KDX but i think the last reply was saying it is a KYB shock with a 44mm body.MX tech or race tech will sell a new bladder and seal head assembly to service your shock.The body may be worn if it has been used a lot.MX tech has posted a complete guide to servicing shocks and forks-try doing a search-Marcus.

Top Bottom